GailSimone.net
Visual/Styles - Printable Version

+- GailSimone.net (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Visual/Styles (/showthread.php?tid=53)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Visual/Styles - sk716 - 10-03-2014

I'm having to hard code in a lot of connections to the main site.  As a result, I'm running into styling issues.

There will be long periods were the board will look perfectly normal because I have thrown my hands up in frustration and walked away for awhile.

However, while I'm hard coding the themeing, you will run into issues.

I am aware of text visibility issues and trying to fix it.  Much harder than you think.

If you are having any other issues during the times that the links are discolored, post them here.

RE: Visual/Styles - JBK405 - 10-03-2014

Understood, and we all appreciate the hard work you're putting in.

As an FYI, right now the picture header at the top of the page (From Leaving Megalopolis) is duplicated. There's the line of links ("Home", "About", "Calendar:, etc.), then the two pictures, then the forum commands ("Portal", "Search" etc.).

EDIT: And now, twelve minutes later, there's only the proper one picture.

RE: Visual/Styles - bert - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 08:19 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Understood, and we all appreciate the hard work you're putting in.

what he said.

we appreciate you Shel!

<3

RE: Visual/Styles - sk716 - 10-03-2014

Finally fucking got it!

There's no telling what I broke to get it to finally pick up, but REJOICE for the header crosses over to the forum!

Keep me posted on any oddities formatting issues.

Yay!

The "smilies" inserts for the emoticons don't seem to be working to input into messages.
(from the box at the left when typing a message. . you click on em, and nothing)

but that's minor shit.

RE: Visual/Styles - sk716 - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 09:22 PM)bert Wrote:  Yay!

The "smilies" inserts for the emoticons don't seem to be working to input into messages.
(from the box at the left when typing a message. . you click on em, and nothing)

but that's minor shit.

Not minor.  It has killed the javascript necessary to run the post formatting and smiley features.  Nothing about any of this is minor.

well. . poop on a stick then.

(I thought no smileys would be minor) Sad

RE: Visual/Styles - Kevin T Brown - 10-04-2014

As long as whatever you're doing doesn't cause things to fuck up things on the board like losng vwls r smthng lk tht.

RE: Visual/Styles - sk716 - 10-04-2014

Thanks to the very helpful folks over at MyBB, formatting controls and the smilies are working again. The quote button is still MIA.

I stole of Kevin's vowels for giggles.

Now they do MY bidding!!!

i,o,e,o,o,e,i,i,e,a

(10-04-2014, 05:10 AM)sk716 Wrote:  Thanks to the very helpful folks over at MyBB, formatting controls and the smilies are working again. The quote button is still MIA.

i,o,e,o,o,e,i,i,e,a

This is interesting, I can quote this post.

RE: Visual/Styles - bert - 10-04-2014

(10-04-2014, 05:11 AM)sk716 Wrote:  
(10-04-2014, 05:10 AM)sk716 Wrote:  Thanks to the very helpful folks over at MyBB, formatting controls and the smilies are working again.  The quote button is still MIA.

i,o,e,o,o,e,i,i,e,a

yes, I noticed that earlier. . and thought you did it on purpose!

if you use the "reply" button within someone else's post, then you get the quote.

Heart

and if you use the "New Reply" button at the bottom of the thread, you don't get the quote.

I think this is BETTER than the slightly confusing "Reply" and "Reply quote" option we had earlier.

(10-04-2014, 05:39 AM)bert Wrote:  
(10-04-2014, 05:11 AM)sk716 Wrote:  
(10-04-2014, 05:10 AM)sk716 Wrote:  Thanks to the very helpful folks over at MyBB, formatting controls and the smilies are working again.  The quote button is still MIA.

i,o,e,o,o,e,i,i,e,a

yes, I noticed that earlier. . and thought you did it on purpose!

if you use the "reply" button within someone else's post, then you get the quote.

Heart

and if you use the "New Reply" button at the bottom of the thread, you don't get the quote.

I think this is BETTER than the slightly confusing "Reply" and "Reply quote" option we had earlier.

Interesting.  It's still broken, but interesting.

A serious post for a change: The multi-quote thing is a bit of a pain as it's difficult to differentiate the quoted comment the new comment. The "staggered" look makes it a tad hard to follow and, IMO, the colors need to be a tad darker in the new comment box from the lighter quote box.

I see what your saying, I'll put that on my to do list after I finish solving the scripting issues.

RE: Visual/Styles - JBK405 - 10-04-2014

Earlier today I quoted a post with the "Reply" button, and deleted a portion of the post that wasn't necessary to be quoted, adding my own post at the bottom. However, after submitting the post it contained the entire quoted original post, and my own comment at the bottom was not included. I edited the post, again deleting the unnecessary part of the quote and adding my own comment, and after submitting the edit there was no change; it still had the full quoted post and not my own part.

RE: Visual/Styles - Lady_Hawkeye - 10-04-2014

I also had the same issue today as JBK had with the quoted reply thingy.

Not complaining mind you cause if I had to do something like what Shel's doing right now, we would be sending messages via carrier pigeons Wink

(10-04-2014, 06:33 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Earlier today I quoted a post with the "Reply" button, and deleted a portion of the post that wasn't necessary to be quoted, adding my own post at the bottom.  However, after submitting the post it contained the entire quoted original post, and my own comment at the bottom was not included.  I edited the post, again deleting the unnecessary part of the quote and adding my own comment, and after submitting the edit there was no change; it still had the full quoted post and not my own part.

I think I know what your error was.  I had the same problem before all of the updates.  I need to see if I can restrict to only one level of quote.

(10-03-2014, 09:38 PM)sk716 Wrote:  Not minor.  It has killed the javascript necessary to run the post formatting and smiley features.  Nothing about any of this is minor.

Okay!  Only one level back of quote will be displayed.  That should help with both problems.  As long as no one misses the multiquote function, I'm going to give up the ghost on it.

(10-04-2014, 02:03 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  A serious post for a change:  The multi-quote thing is a bit of a pain as it's difficult to differentiate the quoted comment the new comment.  The "staggered" look makes it a tad hard to follow and, IMO, the colors need to be a tad darker in the new comment box from the lighter quote box.

That should be better overall.

(10-04-2014, 07:46 PM)sk716 Wrote:  That should be better overall.

Heart