GailSimone.net
The Walking Dead - Printable Version

+- GailSimone.net (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://www.gailsimone.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Walking Dead (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Walking Dead - bert - 10-13-2014

Now THAT was a damn good premiere.

even if I despise that they are now using "post credit stingers" on TV.   Really, once they show "next time on "the Walking Dead". .it's shitty for them to put any new content for the current week show. . yet they did)

shame on them for that.

in particular, since it was such a big reveal.

but otherwise?

Fantastic premiere.

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Lester C - 10-13-2014

They added the first four seasons on Netflix this month if anyone interested.

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Lady_Hawkeye - 10-13-2014

Loved it too.

Carol his the boss!!!

I think I cheered out loud when Rick stabbed the baseball guy and when Tyreese walked into the cabin and punched that guy.

A really, REALLY great season opener.

RE: Walking Dead Season V - bert - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 03:21 AM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  Loved it too.

Carol his the boss!!!

I think I cheered out loud when Rick stabbed the baseball guy and when Tyreese walked into the cabin and punched that guy.

A really, REALLY great season opener.

did you get the call back to last season with the 1st guy at the trough?

it's the blonde guy that Rick gave his watch to, in the episode where he/Carol met the young couple.

the girl died, the guy ran off. . and he ended up at Terminus.

That's why Carol recognized Rick's watch!

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Lady_Hawkeye - 10-13-2014

(10-13-2014, 04:44 AM)bert Wrote:  did you get the call back to last season with the 1st guy at the trough?

it's the blonde guy that Rick gave his watch to, in the episode where he/Carol met the young couple.

the girl died, the guy ran off. . and he ended up at Terminus.

That's why Carol recognized Rick's watch!

I did.

Did you know he's the guy playing Penguin in Gotham now?

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Rozen - 10-13-2014

Pretty great start for the season.

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Deathstroke - 10-13-2014

This was a fantastic season opener.

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Dark Galaxy - 10-15-2014

LOVED the premiere. Table full of teddy bears in the room full of "collections." YIKES!

I love Carol, I love a pissed off Rick, and always always always love Daryl.

Can't wait for more!

RE: Walking Dead Season V - Lester C - 10-16-2014

I've never knowingly gone into a show where plot armor doesn't exist. It's free now so I have no excuse not to watch it, but again the whole plot armor thing.

RE: The Walking Dead Thread - Jesse412 - 10-16-2017

I watched the season finale of Fear the Walking Dead last night and overall although flawed it wasn't a bad season.  It was kind of cool seeing a couple of character actors from Deadwood show up too.  
 At this point Daniel and Strand are the only characters I find interesting.  Nick is okay at times but
Just two more weeks until the 100th episode season 8 premiere of The Walking Dead.  Season 7 had it's problems but I really enjoyed reading the "All Out War" story arc and am looking forward to seeing how it plays out on the show.  I stopped watching the Talking Dead but apparently there is going to be a crossover between Fear and the main series at some point.

RE: The Walking Dead - Jesse412 - 10-23-2017

Season 8 episode 1 "Mercy"

Decent enough start to this season but certainly not the best season premier they've done.  
I really enjoyed reading this story arc and am looking forward to seeing how the rest of it plays out on the show.

RE: The Walking Dead - Lester C - 10-23-2017

I'm going to binge watch this show once it's done.

RE: The Walking Dead - Lady_Hawkeye - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:54 PM)Lester C Wrote:  I'm going to binge watch this show once it's done.

If you can pass through the first two seasons, you'll be ok.

For some reasons, they had decided to make half of the characters in those either incredibly unlikable or just making super stupid choices. And they ruined one of my favorite comic character who was a kickass lady who turned out to be super good with guns into a whiny idiots who kept falling in love with the bad guys.

Season 3 is where it started to be better as they decided to follow more closely the comics and drop the bad soap opera stuff.

But those seasons had The Punisher, how could it be bad?

The actor was good but the storyline with him lasted way too long.

In the comics, it was resolved in the first five issues and such. Two seasons of it was too long and they decided to do this stupid soap opera "will they, won't they?" with him. AMC at the time didn't fully trust the show so they cut the budget by making it very soap opera and less about a group surviving in a zombie apocalypse and trying to not lose their humanity.

Later on, they managed to balance a lot better the drama with the horror and action stuff.

I'm sure Rick and the other actors look what happened with his career and wish they gotten killed off to while the show was extremely popular.

I know enough about the Walking Dead to know that I think they are going to repeat Shane's love triangle storyline in Punisher Season 1 and Daredevil season 3 with Frank being Shane, Karen being Lori and Daredevil, whose character status to Karen isn't in a coma but close enough for story purposes to make it work.  If this happens I can't wait for the internet to lose its shit. I'm actually rubbing my hands in gleeful anticipation I had to stop typing and everything to do it.

(10-23-2017, 01:48 PM)Lester C Wrote:  I'm sure Rick and the other actors look what happened with his career and wish they gotten killed off to while the show was extremely popular.

I don't know, Rick has a lot of Punisher in him.

From what I understand he didn't get the mnemo about being careful when fighting monsters not to become 1. I’m not going to watch the video because i really do plan on watching the show one day.

Well, if you are waiting for the show to end, I heard it's been renewed for a bunch of seasons so, waiting for it might take over 5 years.