Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Super Chat Part 15: The return of that one guy with the thing.
(09-10-2016, 05:42 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  I'm reading in the park, and a woman just walked over to tell me how much Jesus loves me.

Wow, the guy in The Walking Dead show loves you? That's great. He's an awesome "urban ninja" guy.

[Image: jesus-the-walking-dead.jpg?w=600]
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
What a way to wake up.

I get a message from my sister to tell me she probably has uterus cancer and will know on Tuesday the stage of it.

Ohsnap. So sorry.

[Image: sodcancer_logo_400x400.gif]
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
Jeez, I was just listening to the audio book of From Russia with Love, again thinking that it didn't have a crazy part in it and yep, I was wrong.

At one point in the book, Fleming explains to us through an ally of Bond the "psychology of women".

Bond's ally found his wife,a younger women, by kidnapping her from her family's home, took her to his place where he chained her naked in his house and fed her leftovers like a dog to show her who's boss.

A few weeks later, her mother found her kidnapped daughter, called the police but the daughter refused to press charges because, according to Fleming, women like to be treated like that by a "real" man and she had deeply fallen for him and his ways with her.

Again, this story is told not in sarcasm, not by a bad guy but by Bond's main ally in the book, a man that's described over and over as great and heroic.

Oh and there's a line in there about how the secret services need to avoid hiring intellectuals because they are almost always gay. Yeah, let's avoid smart people in the spy game, nothing good can come up from this.

I'm watching Jane the Virgin, and that is literally the plot an in-universe telenovela that Rogelio starred in, and he was in turn kidnapped by a stalker who hoped to replicate the relationship.

It did not result in him falling in love with her.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
(09-11-2016, 03:30 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  What a way to wake up.

I get a message from my sister to tell me she probably has uterus cancer and will know on Tuesday the stage of it.

I hope things will be OK. My aunt was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
To get that bad Fleming novel taste from my mouth, I decided to rewatch the From Russia with Love movie and while not perfect, it's one of the better 60's Bond with and actual good spy story.

Also, the crazy thing is Robert Shaw who looks like this in this movie.

[Image: frwl-1-1403-grant.jpg]

To this look which most remember from Jaws a little over a decade later.

[Image: robert-shaw-jaws-1.jpg]

Wait...WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

That can't be right.

Equality is not a loss.
I had the same reaction when I learned it was the same guy but yeah, in 1963, let's just say he was this super cut, well muscled blond handsome guy.

He and Connery have a very cool and classic train cart fight in that movie where both actors told the director "screw the stuntmen"  and decided to beat the crap out of each other in front of the camera.

My dad has the same cancer as Tom Brokaw but the cancer is such where you can go for many years before it activates for lack of a better term his has not yet. Needless to say this is a very dear issue for me and I wish all of your loved ones the best in their fight
i saw Frozen with my niece and it surreal. You had all adult characters so it kept throwing me when they acteing like hypersexualized characters on crack the entire movie. I get it, these characters act like how kids think adults act but it was strange. I kept seeing the song numbers as products of a psychotic break because the drugs were really good.
Leaving for South Africa tomorrow! Woo!

My only question right now is if I should begin taking my malaria medication or not.

Equality is not a loss.
(09-16-2016, 12:56 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Leaving for South Africa tomorrow!  Woo!

My only question right now is if I should begin taking my malaria medication or not.

I don't know what the medication says on it. I thought you had to get shots and meds in advance but I 'm not sure of the current stuff. My Dad has been to South Africa but that was over 50 years ago.

My Dad fought wild boar, no wait, white Boers when he was there.

A massive white guy kicked a 3 year old black boy off the pavement for asking for money (by saying "penny Master") and my Dad and his shipmates beat the crap out of him. The little kid spoke little English but my Dad and his friends gave the kid all their spare change (in British, South African, Dutch and German currency!) and he wrapped his vest (singlet), which is all he had on, round it and he was told to take the money to his mother or father and he ran off to the black area nearby. He had a beaming smile as there was over three pounds, which was a lot of money then and there, probably eleven dollars back then. Other kids chased but he was like Usain Bolt on speed apparently. He understood when my Dad told him to go to his mother and he gave a little wave and buzzed away. The cops returned my Dad to his boat but others had confirmed that man had violently kicked a young child and while the cops probably let that guy off with just the beating he took, they did seem mildly sympathetic to the fact it was retaliation against a kid being attacked but they did warn my Dad not to come on shore in Cape Town on the way back from Durban and Mozambique as they had the mindset that apartheid was not a football for outsiders to kick and any mention of the racial thing at all got the reply that it was an 'internal' matter for South Africans.
(09-16-2016, 12:56 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Leaving for South Africa tomorrow! Woo!

The downside to taking it is zero while the upside is potentially life saving so take it. Be careful I've heard very bad things about the crime rate there as inequality and crime actually went UP after Apartheid ended.
(09-16-2016, 12:56 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Leaving for South Africa tomorrow!  Woo!

I'll add to the "be careful there" messages.

I once saw a womanizing British guy run after a bomb maker there and while entertaining, they left behind A LOT of damage.

Also, remember that if you are caught in a shootout at an embassy, shoot at the convenient propane tank around the guards............and then prepare to be yelled at by Judi Dench.

Bring up Jim Jefferies they love him over there.
And bearded Keanu Reeves should be the next James Bond.
(09-16-2016, 02:53 PM)Lester C Wrote:  And bearded Keanu Reeves should be the next James Bond.

I guess it depends if he worked on his British accent since the 90's.....

My question about the malaria medication is that it turns out we're not going to areas with malaria concerns, but I had already ordered before we determined that it wasn't necessary. So, I've got the pills, but it's not a requirement.

I'll probably start taking them anyway just to be safe.

Equality is not a loss.
JBK job keeps getting more interesting. What the !@#$ is he doing in South Africa?