Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Super Chat Part 15: The return of that one guy with the thing.
Sapiosexual. My dictionary is in flagging it so it's an actual word. Learn something new everyday
(09-20-2019, 01:34 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  He seems to have done it quite a lot, though... not just one stupid incident. I wonder why that is?

His father who also at one point was Prime Minister in Canada was a pretty entitled douchebag (still is) who followed a French philosophy book that preached that when you are in power, you never apologize and can't do anything wrong (reminds you of anyone?).

As an example, at one point around the 2000's, he was approached and asked a question by a guy who was part of a comedy news show in the Daily Show style and Trudeau actually kicked him in the nuts and ran away.

Justin was raised by him so there's some of that in him. A whole lot less but it's still there.

(09-20-2019, 01:39 PM)Lester C Wrote:  I still don't think it's racist He's one of those white people who will dress up in a native garb to meet people from that culture and make everyone feel uncomfortable but no one says anything because he means well.

I fully agree with that.

Was he intending to be racist, no but still, to think that in 2001, blackface is OK is still pretty problematic, especially since he knew he wanted to go into politics at that time.

I mean if I wanted to go into politics in the next decade, I wouldn't post all those stupid jokes pretending to be racists toward Lester because I know that in a decade, my internet posts would be checked very deeply by journalists who want to find some dirt on me and there's no way I could just say "Come on guys! I was only joking with a man I consider among my best friends" and have the storm blow away.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Mental note next year I need to buy this forum We wouldn't want to accidentally have the posts deleted if cat goes into politics
(09-20-2019, 05:36 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Mental note next year I need to buy this forum We wouldn't want to accidentally have the posts deleted if cat goes into politics

I'm already imagining you selling me out to the Canadian press a few seconds after I announced I would be running.

On the bright side Rambo going to be killing enough people to make up for all the white people he killed in the 80s. What's I haven't seen cat but own so spoilers goddamn it in advance spoilers.
(09-20-2019, 05:48 PM)Lester C Wrote:  On the bright side Rambo going to be killing enough people to make up for all the white people he killed in the 80s. What's I haven't seen cat but own so spoilers goddamn it in advance spoilers.

He did kill a lot of Russians in the 80's what with the second and third movie.

Also, Spoilers from the trailers..........Stallone saw both Sicario and Home Alone on the same week and decided to write a Rambo script about those two movies.

SPOILERS GODDAMN IT SPOILERS! Cry
You saw the trailers more than I did and you know it's true.

It's Rambo fighting the Mexican drug cartels with booby traps in his home.

They went identified as the cartels. Maybe hes a trump supporter and is going after day laborers you don't know. Unless you somehow the movie in want to spoil it for everybody
(09-20-2019, 07:02 PM)Lester C Wrote:  They went identified as the cartels. Maybe hes a trump supporter and is going after day laborers you don't know. Unless you somehow the movie in want to spoil it for everybody

It would be kinda hilarious with a movie where Stallone completely lost it and his last Rambo movie is this crazy ass Trump supporter attacking innocent migrants.

Then, spoilers, at the end, James Bond drives by in a boat and throws a Mexican kid off it to escape from Rambo's carnage.

I just realized today that with the rolling timescale of The Simpsons and the way their childhood keeps moving forward every ten years, Homer and Marge Simpson now qualify as Millennials.

[Image: 3b649802ae0d13f869d546f56b3d7f6436421ba2.gif]
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
I guess no one will call Homer a space cowboy, a gangster of love or Maurice anymore....

It worse than that.ni know people my age with grand children. So people so people who were children when The Simpsons first came on now have grandkids Bart's age

Speaking of Rambo word on the street the Canadians are going to love the political overtones of the film. Justin Trudeau has been dressed up and Brown face singing and dancing all day in French getting ready to go to the first showing
(09-20-2019, 10:59 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Speaking of Rambo word on the street the Canadians are going to love the political overtones of the film. Justin Trudeau has been dressed up and Brown face singing and dancing all day in French getting ready to go to the first showing

Before you start praising Rambo over that, I'll point out that it's how we celebrate every new movies that come out....

Before Lester leaks it to the Canadian press when I go into politics, here's a picture of my mom hugging me when I was  a teen.

[Image: betsy-palmer-jason.jpg?w=1038&h=...amp;crop=1]

Also, I'm not really afraid of the press since, according to one of my favorite podcast, I have a great defense lawyer that can get me out of anything.

I'm horrible at breaking bad's news so I don't want it to come from me but someone from our childhood died today.
(09-22-2019, 05:26 PM)Lester C Wrote:  I'm horrible at breaking bad's news so I don't want it to come from me but someone from our childhood died today.

I believe you mean the actor who played Nog from DS9.

It sucks cause apparently, he was posting stuff on his Facebook page just yesterday.

One of the great scenes with Nog.

See the news came much better from you
(09-22-2019, 07:10 PM)Lester C Wrote:  See the news came much better from you

Well, you kill as many people as I have and you figure out the way to announce death to people....