Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming!
Tim Hortons announced the location of their first UK store earlier.

It will be in Argyle Street, Glasgow.

Krispy Kreme have recently landed in Scotland and this seems to be the opening shot in a donut war!

Canada have already infiltrated the UK bakery goods market with Muffin Break, which I used a lot for a while but haven't been back for ages. Not sure if the store will be in the St Enoch mall or a stand alone store.

There was a big Dunkin' Donuts in Argyle Street years ago but it shut down in 1993 or so when that chain retreated from the British market. They're coming back to the UK at some point in the near future too.

I love a doughnut but the likes of Krispy Kreme are a much more expensive option in the UK and a box of twelve assorted doughnuts are £12 in the UK. It is possible to get much cheaper options from local bakeries and doughnuts aren't a thing we don't do fairly well here. The North American style doughnut shops seem to be popular though.

http://www.scotsman.com/business/companies/cafe-chain-tim-hortons-to-open-on-glasgow-s-argyle-street-1-4416310
First it was poutine, now it's Tim Hortons........... Nothing will stop us now!

Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
[Image: a54963132fc030fb2a0d7e6c6ba58086.jpg]
(04-10-2017, 09:54 PM)Lester C Wrote:  [Image: a54963132fc030fb2a0d7e6c6ba58086.jpg]

You know, Tim Hortons will make you a better sandwich than that for a very reasonable price.

Welcome my friend to the danger zone.

Are Timbits good?

Little doughnut balls. Look pretty good.
They are popular here.

Honestly, they are basically little dough balls. Smile

(04-10-2017, 11:54 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  They are popular here.

Honestly, they are basically little dough balls. Smile

Those kind of things go down well in most of the local bakery and cafe chains here too. The way they're sugared or coated makes a big difference to them.

For all the North American doughnut chains arriving in the UK, my hometown bakery chain Aulds have a legendary fudge doughtnut which is known throughout the West of Scotland and it has yellow fudgy icing with dark brown pinstripes and fondent cream inside. The North of England chain Greggs have some great options too. Their stores are almost always busy.

The UK has a lot of great bakery and cafe options but the North American cafe and doughnut places do seem to have a market but the British chains also have a strong place too.

The video isn't working, Lester.

Press the tracking button!
I think Lester was trying to show us this.............with reasons Smile

(04-11-2017, 12:43 AM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  I think Lester was trying to show us this.............with reasons Smile

Even the deer are assholes in Canada. https://youtu.be/nrg9uKXhV0E
Also this was the video I tried posting yesterday. https://youtu.be/DjoNucs20Vw

Not the NBA finals! Cry
[Image: 8vkedse.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

[Image: Funny-Canada-Meme-1.jpg]

Are The Raptors really Canadian or are they treasonous Americans bought and paid for? I want investigations trials and morherfuckers sent to Gitmo! Angry
(05-31-2019, 05:30 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Are The Raptors really Canadian or are they treasonous Americans bought and paid for? I want investigations trials and morherfuckers sent to Gitmo! Angry

[Image: 35xqkv.jpg]

Also, this again cause I just love it! Cool

[Image: 52875565_589411624899297_421178087411849...tagram.com]

Canada did invent basketball so it's pretty natural we excel at it. Cool

Cutting holes into poor American's baskets......Making Canada Great again!

Also, Superman is Canadian.

Evidence A)

Evidence B)

[Image: 1058709804.png]

[Image: tenor.gif]

Joe Schuster left Canada he was 9 and he never looked backed