Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. George A. Romero (1940-2017)
Legendary Horror Director George A. Romero creator of "Night of the Living Dead" died today. Cry
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
He's one of the few filmmakers who can be said to have legitimately revolutionized film singlehandedly. Without Romero, a huge section of cinema as we know it simply wouldn't exist.

That's a rare impact.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
That is sad.
I'm actually from where a good deal of his moves were filmed, in fact my LCS is right down the street from the mall where Dawn of the Dead was shot. Evans City where Night of the Living Dead was shot is about an hour and a half drive from Pitt. For years I've been meaning to go up there and check out the museum. Hopefully there's a tour that shows off the house and the cemetery because I would love to see those too.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison