Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise
Anyone else still watching STD? (Hee hee STD Wink )

I’m actually enjoying it now. The ninja turtle Klingons were a bit weird to start with but they’re quite effective now once you get used to them.

The storylines have been getting gradually better but I noticed they’ve left off the bad language after the double F bomb the other week.

And I have to admit I call it Disco and not STD.
I never started watching, and honestly have no interest. I think my interest in the Star Trek franchise is now mostly nostalgic in nature.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(11-07-2017, 10:53 AM)Weeto Wrote:  And I have to admit I call it Disco and not STD.

"Disco" seems to have caught on as the predominant term since it's actually canon in the show.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
(11-07-2017, 04:05 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  
Weeto dateline="<a href="tel:1510051986">1510051986</a>' Wrote:  And I have to admit I call it Disco and not STD.

"Disco" seems to have caught on as the predominant term since it's actually canon in the show.

The casual shirts the crew wear when they’re exercising and so on actually says Disco on the front.

I was just joking about STD. Not normally a funny subject.
Yes, that's what I was talking about when I said that 'Disco' is canon within the show.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
(11-07-2017, 09:28 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Yes, that's what I was talking about when I said that 'Disco' is canon within the show.

I get that you knew that, just emphasising why it was canon to non watchers.
I know you know I knew. Did you know that?

Equality is not a loss.
I discovered a Star Trek TNG podcast if anyone is interested hosted by Matt Mira among others who's a massive Star Trek fan.

Star Trek: The Next Conversation.

https://www.art19.com/shows/star-trek-the-next-conversation?page=5
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
So apparently, the next Star Trek movie will be done by Tarantino and will be rated R

https://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek/

I....I don't.....I'm not.....huh?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Equality is not a loss.
(12-08-2017, 02:06 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  So apparently, the next Star Trek movie will be done by Tarantino and will be rated R

https://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-quentin-tarantinos-star-trek/

Not confirmed yet by anyone official but the fact that no one denying it speaks volumes. Even though I plan on seeing my first Star Trek film since the one film where a woman driver crashed and totaled out The Enterprise into the Jungle Planet I think this is a bad move. Fans lost their crap when someone used the F word in the new show. This is going to be very divisive among fans and as DC learned expect everyone to show up if half the audience going fuck this because people are saying fuck this.
That was my reaction also Huh

Also, does that mean that the n-word will be casually thrown around in a Star Trek movie?

As long as you can pull off the N word it's okay. I actually can't despite being black. I kept trying to casually use the word with my brother and his friends as teenagers and it was always a pin drop can be heard moment. I was finally given a life time ban by him from ever using the word.
(12-08-2017, 02:32 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Fans lost their crap when someone used the F word in the new show.

My objection was to how they used it: It was accidentally used in a moment of bubbling excitement, when the circumstances were most certainly not bubbly.

If you're going to be the bubbly one, you need to bubble responsibly.

Equality is not a loss.
Captain Samuel L Jackson.
I like Tarantino, but I am trying and failing to think of a more inappropriate choice to direct a Star Trek movie.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
Takishi Mike.
I'm still listening to that Star Trek the Next Conversation podcast and the two guys there pointed out this creepy thing about Tasha Yar.

Every time she hits on someone and talks about sex, she first started the conversation by talking how she grew up on a planet where she had to flee from rape gangs ever since she was 5.

For 1986 a show having three strong female leads was progressive. I think three. Tasha, Beverly, Deanna yea three don't think I forgot anyone from season one.
It's just weird that whenever she talked about fleeing rapists, she then flirts with that person or talks about sex.

To be fair, season one had pretty bad writing.