Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise
(07-17-2019, 03:33 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Is the Enterprise finale still triggering fans?

The only good scene:

Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
Wow they totally kad their show taken from them. As a child I thought as an adult the holidek would one day be real. That aaisnid you look at far games have come since 86 I wasn't off. If VR didn't have the side effect of people throwing up I be right on.
I stopped watching due to entering the workforce but Enterprise was my most anticipated show as an adult. I didn't realize how little power actors on tv had just knew that Scott Nakula was going to be the lead.
I know they aren't really canon but the Star Trek: Enterprise prose novels set after the end of the series did a really great job of invalidating that last episode and has a better "ending" / continuation than the show was allowed on TV.
(07-17-2019, 05:48 PM)Lester C Wrote:  I stopped watching due to entering the workforce but Enterprise was my most anticipated show as an adult. I didn't realize how little power actors on tv had just knew that Scott Nakula was going to be the lead.

It wasn't on any Canadian channels at the time so I didn't watch it from the start.

I told this story before but I already had serious issues with the show before it came out as it was promoted as "The cool Star Trek show that isn't for those loser nerds". They barely mentioned that it was a Star Trek show in the first place and acted like it was humiliating to do a Trek show in the first place.

That's a really bad start for a show when they are trying to hide the brand it's part of.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
The messed up part is Paramount went out if the way to point out that even novels written by the show writers are non canon. At least with Star Wars we had a 35 year period where the novels counted.
Watching the TNG episode Mind's Eye, I don't know what's more crazy?

The Romulans who just captured Geordi going on vacation and convention sending a black "replacement" to Risa that looks nothing like him outside of he's black........Or that it apparently worked and no one on Risa and at the convention didn't realize it wasn't Geordie......... Hashtag "They all look alike to me" problematic Confused

You can see fake Geordi at around the 40 seconds mark.

(07-17-2019, 06:53 PM)Deathstroke Wrote:  I know they aren't really canon but the Star Trek: Enterprise prose novels set after the end of the series did a really great job of invalidating that last episode and has a better "ending" / continuation than the show was allowed on TV.

You can always tell the real trainwrecks when the tie-in materials are responsible for fixing their own content.

Like the all-time great "voodoo shark" from Jaws: The Revenge and its novelization.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
That one thing spoiler culture has ruined is tie in novels. Growing up I loved reading Tiein novels that were generally better than the movies. Now they don't do it because of spoilers.
They have body modification in the future. It like Fallout 4 where you and you can change you race, sex. Age etc br loking into a mirror. STOP BEING TRANS(HUMAN) PHOBIC. Angry
(07-18-2019, 05:28 PM)Lester C Wrote:  They have body modification in the future. It like Fallout 4 where you and you can change you race, sex. Age etc br loking into a mirror. STOP BEING TRANS(HUMAN) PHOBIC. Angry

Yeah but if you are talking about the Geordi thing, it's like me kidnapping you and sending in Tyler Perry to replace you cause he "looks like you".........Meaning, he's black.

They announced today that they are making a mirror universe Voyager comic.

‘Mirrors and Smoke’ introduces Captain Janeway of the Voyager, a rebel ship stranded in the Delta Quadrant, far from the ruins of the Terran Empire. When Janeway crowns herself Pirate Queen of the Quadrant, the locals – including scavengers Neelix and Kes – won’t give up without a fight. Amid this conflict, the crew of the Voyager has a second problem on their hands: just who is the Terran calling herself Annika Hansen, and can she be trusted?

http://trekcore.com/blog/2019/07/idw-publishing-star-trek-voyager-mirror-universe-comic/?fbclid=IwAR0Jxcc4mTsoFcOY9mwbk1SE0Kiy3cfA27lRH_Xep7Yne7ND6mxd87o5Z_0

So mirror universe Janeway seems even more evil in this..........I already feel bad for poor Harry.

I will admit though, if Janeway brutally kills Neelix........I might celebrate this new pirate queen.

(07-18-2019, 02:56 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  
(07-17-2019, 06:53 PM)Deathstroke Wrote:  I know they aren't really canon but the Star Trek: Enterprise prose novels set after the end of the series did a really great job of invalidating that last episode and has a better "ending" / continuation than the show was allowed on TV.

You can always tell the real trainwrecks when the tie-in materials are responsible for fixing their own content.

Like the all-time great "voodoo shark" from Jaws: The Revenge and its novelization.

Sadly, I don't get the Jaws reference since I haven't seen that movie or read the book.

(07-18-2019, 08:21 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  They announced today that they are making a mirror universe Voyager comic.

‘Mirrors and Smoke’ introduces Captain Janeway of the Voyager, a rebel ship stranded in the Delta Quadrant, far from the ruins of the Terran Empire. When Janeway crowns herself Pirate Queen of the Quadrant, the locals – including scavengers Neelix and Kes – won’t give up without a fight. Amid this conflict, the crew of the Voyager has a second problem on their hands: just who is the Terran calling herself Annika Hansen, and can she be trusted?

http://trekcore.com/blog/2019/07/idw-publishing-star-trek-voyager-mirror-universe-comic/?fbclid=IwAR0Jxcc4mTsoFcOY9mwbk1SE0Kiy3cfA27lRH_Xep7Yne7ND6mxd87o5Z_0

So mirror universe Janeway seems even more evil in this..........I already feel bad for poor Harry.

I will admit though, if Janeway brutally kills Neelix........I might celebrate this new pirate queen.

I'm sure that I'll be picking up those new comics.
(07-19-2019, 02:38 AM)Deathstroke Wrote:  

Sadly, I don't get the Jaws reference since I haven't seen that movie or read the book.

Jaws: The Revenge, the fourth film in the series and one of the worst, has the shark chasing down different members of the Brody family for revenge from the earlier movies. Except the movie never offers an explanation for how the shark knows who the family members are, or why it has revenge tendencies, or how it follows them and tracks them down. So when the novelization was made the author had to come up with some kind of excuse and decided that the family was under a "voodoo curse" and that's why the shark was hunting them down.

It's regarded as a very stupid plotpoint, and "voodoo shark" has entered the internet lexicon as a slang for when an 'explanation' for a plot hole just raises further problems, but at least it showed that the author tried, as opposed to the movie.

For Enterprise it's more of the same, and the novelization/non-canon follow-ups put more effort into the story than the show did.

Equality is not a loss.
(07-19-2019, 02:45 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  
(07-19-2019, 02:38 AM)Deathstroke Wrote:  

Jaws: The Revenge, the fourth film in the series and one of the worst, has the shark chasing down different members of the Brody family for revenge from the earlier movies. Except the movie never offers an explanation for how the shark knows who the family members are, or why it has revenge tendencies, or how it follows them and tracks them down. So when the novelization was made the author had to come up with some kind of excuse and decided that the family was under a "voodoo curse" and that's why the shark was hunting them down.

It's regarded as a very stupid plotpoint, and "voodoo shark" has entered the internet lexicon as a slang for when an 'explanation' for a plot hole just raises further problems, but at least it showed that the author tried, as opposed to the movie.

For Enterprise it's more of the same, and the novelization/non-canon follow-ups put more effort into the story than the show did.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
First Picard trailer.

Very avant garde.

Equality is not a loss.
HE SAID THE THING!

Equality is not a loss.
So..........Speculations???

I think this will be about Starfleet having messed around with the Borg tech and what I guess are Romulan refuges from when their planet blew up and apparently managed to make a new race of super beings (Including the young lady who's super fast, strong and seems to be able to "Bamf" around). I really didn't expect to have Seven of Nine pop in there.

I'll admit I am now very excited about this. I have been pushing for the idea of a Trek show with "Firefly" look and feel to it with a non Starfleet crew and ship and it seems like I'm getting it.

(07-21-2019, 11:12 AM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  So..........Speculations???

I think this will be about Starfleet having messed around with the Borg tech and what I guess are Romulan refuges from when their planet blew up and apparently managed to make a new race of super beings (Including the young lady who's super fast, strong and seems to be able to "Bamf" around). I really didn't expect to have Seven of Nine pop in there.

I'll admit I am now very excited about this. I have been pushing for the idea of a Trek show with "Firefly" look and feel to it with a non Starfleet crew and ship and it seems like I'm getting it.

While it is not surprising, the trailer does completely invalidate everything Borg related that was written in the prose novels that are set after the end of all the TV series.