Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise
Season one of TNG had all the drawbacks on The Original Series with none of its successes.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
Some of the season one writing is just plain nuts.

On the episode Justice (The one where Wesley is sentenced to death for stepping on the wrong place), Riker and Yar returns on the Enterprise to report their first encounter with the people on the planet.

They both say it's a very sexual planet and Dr. Crusher's response is to turn to Picard and tell him it would be a great time to let all the ship's children go down there and get some fresh air...................WTF Dr. ??? lol
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
The worst part of that episode is that they specifically say that they have reviewed the local laws and there's nothing out of the ordinary.

What the hell do you think 'death penalty for ANY INFRACTION' counts as?!?!
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
(12-08-2017, 06:05 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  The worst part of that episode is that they specifically say that they have reviewed the local laws and there's nothing out of the ordinary.

What the hell do you think 'death penalty for ANY INFRACTION' counts as?!?!

They did mentioned that in the podcast. I guess Tasha Yar was too busy learning that they have sex down there at the drop of a hat, any hat as she says lol

Not to mention that the way Picard convinces them to let Wesley go free is basically to say that rules sometimes needs to be broken. It's like the writers couldn't come up with any good arguments to end the problem.

Listening now to the podcast about The Big Goodbye and I had completely missed that the "red shirt" that Picard brings on his holodeck adventure along with Dr. Crusher and Data is a Mr. Waylon who's job on the ship is the fiction expert. Talk about a Starfleet sweet job to have with pretty much zero pressure.................except when you are gunned down on the holodeck by mobsters Smile

Well the good news is that Patrick Stewart is cool with returning as Picard in a Tarantino Trek movie.

https://www.themarysue.com/pat-stew-tarantino-trek/

Also this was in the link and too good not too share.

Here's a Vanity Fair article on the Star Trek Deep Space Nine 25th Anniversary.
I finally started binge watching the fan-created web series Star Trek Continues on YouTube and was surprised by how much I am enjoying it. Not only does it thoroughly nail the visual aesthetic of the show but the scripts are also pretty well written. There's definitely a special reverence towards the source material and I really like the campy sets and costumes as well as the retro look of the practical visual effects. Initially the new cast was a bit jarring to me and admittedly it's weird seeing other actors as these iconic characters. While not all of the acting is great there are some unexpectedly strong performances. The cameos are also really impressive with both Lou Ferrigno and the sixth Doctor Who Colin Baker playing significant roles.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
I haven't watched Star Trek Continues itself, but I've seen a lot of really great fanworks and it's amazing what they can pull off. They capture the spirit -- the essence -- of whatever Trek they're following.

Equality is not a loss.
To counter all you having fun with Trek, a few days ago I re-watched The Outrageous Okona. Cry

Such a bad episode where I guess they thought Okona would be a character we would see again. Made me crazy how they tried to make him this cool Han Solo guy and they completely missed the mark, making him a douche. At his point, they should've given him a leather jacket while riding a space bike.

And Data trying to learn humor through really bad jokes was just..........awkward.

(01-04-2018, 01:39 AM)Deathstroke Wrote:  Here's a Vanity Fair article on the Star Trek Deep Space Nine 25th Anniversary.

Speaking of DS9, BBCAmerica has been airing Next Gen for some time and recently I noticed them showing both the original series and Voyager which has me wondering why no Deep Space Nine? I assume it has something to do with the rights being tied up in some capacity but really have no idea. Now that I think about it I can't remember the last time I've seen DS9 in syndication. It had to be several years ago.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
We have DS9 on the Space Channel in Canada.

Mondays are an afternoon of The Original Series
Tuesdays is Next Generation.
Wednesday is DS9
Thursday is Voyager
Fridays is Enterprise.

(01-04-2018, 06:49 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  And Data trying to learn humor through really bad jokes was just..........awkward.

Are you saying you don't like the comedy stylings of Joe Piscopo?

Equality is not a loss.
When Piscopo is doing a bad Jerry Lewis, heck yeah!

Edit: By the way, according to the podcast I'm listening, Joe Piscopo was supposed to turn into Jerry Lewis who would've played himself but there was a schedule conflict so it didn't work out. Would've been much better.

Needed to take that Okona taste out of my mouth so I watched The Outcast which has a great pro trans speech in the end.

Just wish they would've had more male actors playing that gender neutral race since it can be looked at as "But I don't want to be a lesbian" scene in a way.

Also, Jonathan Frakes wanted Soran to be a male actor to push the LGTB message but producers backed away from that.

I believe I found historical history of Data's ancestor.

How Doctor Noonien Soong evolved from them........I don't know.

Well, she was right: Somebody did have to ask.

Equality is not a loss.
Jon Paul Steuer, who played Alexander Rozhenko, on an episode of Star Trek TNG, has passed away at the age of 33. He also co-starred on the sitcom Grace Under Fire.
(01-06-2018, 12:20 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  Well, she was right: Somebody did have to ask.

I think that moment actually explains the evolution to Noonien Soong.

They started to use that money for their kid's higher education and slowly but surely, that family became less about the glory of farming worms and exploding chicken and more into robotics and artificial intelligence.

(01-06-2018, 12:21 AM)Deathstroke Wrote:  Jon Paul Steuer, who played Alexander Rozhenko, on an episode of Star Trek TNG, has passed away at the age of 33. He also co-starred on the sitcom Grace Under Fire.

Yeah that's sad.

Alexander was an annoying character but because the writers wrote him as such, not cause of the actor.

I should point out that Steuer is one of three actors who played the character across both TNG and DS9.
So, apparently Christopher Eccleston -- the Ninth Doctor -- is a McSpirk shipper.

[Image: tumblr_mvitlpZWAg1r8zdkxo1_1280.jpg]

Well whaddya know.

Equality is not a loss.