Merry Christmas Gailboard!

It is 1.02am here so Merry Christmas.

I’m having...

Potato & Leek Soup
Roast Beef Dinner
Tarte Aux Framboises (Raspberry Tart)
... later!
!חג שמח
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
We had our traditional Christmas Eve family get together at my parents' house. My 2-year-old niece, who I don't think I'd heard say 10 words up to now, is suddenly talking a mile a minute. She liked the little stuffed tiger I gave her.

In the morning it's over to my parents again to open presents (just the three of us, and the gifts my brother sent). Then Christmas dinner at my cousin's house (the father of the 2-year-old). And then it's all over again for another year.

I can't help but get depressed because my parents are getting on in years and though neither of them have any serious health issues, I'm always thinking about how many Christmases we have left.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
My oldest brother opened the gun safe and passed my Dad's guns around.

Okay, he was asking advice on them to a friend and my niece's boyfriend/soon to be husband.

We played some Mille Bornes and Settlers of Catan and I ate A LOT.

We did our stuff on Christmas Eve because that's when the most people showed up. Christmas Day will be just myself and two brothers so it'll probably be subdued overall and playing with new presents! Smile
Well whaddya know, we've actually got a (very light) white Christmas.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
(12-25-2017, 02:55 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Well whaddya know, we've actually got a (very light) white Christmas.

Lester and I were hit pretty badly for snow last night.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
It was 1.7 inches. :embarrassed: Which is also what Vesper said, boom!
(12-25-2017, 03:44 PM)Lester C Wrote:  It was 1.7 inches. :embarrassed: Which is also what Vesper said, boom!

So wait, you put on your bank robbing gear for 2 inches???

Wuss!!!!!

(12-25-2017, 03:47 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  So wait, you put on your bank robbing gear for 2 inches???

Wuss!!!!!

My throat is sore. My niece and nephew Made an impression after they left
(12-25-2017, 03:52 PM)Lester C Wrote:  My throat is sore. My niece and nephew  Made an impression after they left

I had a cold this week and was shoveling 5 inches of snow.

[Image: demotivational-last-christmas.jpg]

We ended up with a white Christmas, just barely. There was a dusting from last night, and then snow squalls most of the afternoon... at least where I was, which was in the higher elevation.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
I got hit decently with snow early Christmas morning. I think I got about 4 inches. It was enough where I was very happy my snowblower fired up and that I didn't have to shovel.

My Christmas Day was pretty subdued as I expected. Made some pancakes for breakfast before spending about 45 minutes clearing snow. Had a good Christmas afternoon dinner with two of my brothers then passed out on the couch. Went home and did a load of laundry while watching yet another doc on mountain climbing deaths on Mount Everest and K 2. But I was fairly certain one of my two days off in a row I would be pretty inactive. My work cancelled volunteer over-time but I got myself fairly tired out anyways. Then we had a worker I call McFuckface go for his second liposuction surgery of the year so I had to run that machine and it had O.T. 3 out of 5 days a week for three weeks. McFuckface drives me nuts because he claims the gym is his life and he's been going for 12 years yet he went to a doctor to have his fat removed. In other words, he's a jock sniffer and doesn't truly work out.

So my Christmas was pretty good, thankfully, even though I've been tired and really grouchy and negative some days.

I did screw up though. I made a lot of mistakes in and out of work to just being overly tired. The biggest was I asked if a brother wanted to go in half and half on an expensive gift for another brother. That brother agreed and I never ordered the present. So when we exchanged gifts on Christmas Eve brother G asked me about the gift we got for brother M and I didn't know what he was talking about because I didn't remember the plan at the time. So brother G owes brother M a Christmas gift due to my screw up. I had bought my budget's worth of gifts for brother M and never once thought about the plan with brother G. Sad
Kiwi was kinda wound up in Christmas Day but he improved a lot today. He probably hurt himself popping a few stitches and was a little uncomfortable and irritable. He was really well behaved today. Those stitches and his plastic hood are gone on Thursday thankfully. He had been behaving horribly going to bed (a large dog crate with lots of bedding) as he was scared of entering it because of the hood. He got in fine tonight as I didn't make it any kind of panic for him to enter.

He is a great little dog but because of his surgery and the likes, he has been unsettled for a few days.
We watched a lot of movies the past few days. Ferris Bueller's Day Out, Shaun The Sheep and Back To The Future today. Will catch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 tomorrow if possible.
Erie Pennsylvania as 64" of snow over the Christmas weekend and More coming
I got some good books for Christmas. The complete short stories of Kurt Vonnegut... he wrote a LOT of short stories, the book is Stephen King sized. The complete short stories of Truman Capote. (He wrote a lot fewer.) And a book called "Foundation" by Peter Ackroyd which is a history of Great Britain back to prehistory.

Got two CD's: "The Equatorial Stars" by Eno & Fripp, and "Novella" by Renaissance. A new fleece jacket, a Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD collection, a box of truffles (the candy, not the mushrooms), a wall calendar (scenes from Provence, France) and an Amazon gift card.

I took today and tomorrow as vacation days. Watched "Elf" with my parents tonight. Great movie.