Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Hawking dies at age 76
Stephen Hawking, widely considered he best physicist in the world has died at the age of 76.

He had been given a couple of years to live after being struck down with motor neurone disease at the age of 22. He would be confined to a wheelchair soon afterwards and lost his speech. He would become known for his voice synthesiser later on.

He appeared on several TV shows such as The Simpsons, Red Dwarf and The Big Bang Theory often in a mildly self mocking role.

He was very politically minded and campaigned on behalf of the NHS and was a supporter of the Labour Party. He turned down a knighthood at one point as well.
Truly a man to look up to.

Made something incredible of his life when the decks were stacked so badly against him.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
It's irreverent compared to all that he accomplished, but he's the only person to ever play himself on Star Trek.

The fact that he was fundamental enough to earn that marker is significant.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
He took very complex information and broke them down so people of average intelligence like myself can understand them making us smarter in the process. His legacy is the smart information for smart people but the fact that people like me know about black holes and other complex sciences is due to him.
Man survived 50 years with ALS. I just wish he'd managed to finish that Theory of Everything.

And he died on Pi Day.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini