Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowded
Just throwing this out here as a recommendation... I put "Crowded" from Image Comics on my pull list because the Previews spot caught my eye. Two issues in, I'm liking it quite a bit. It's about a near-future where people can make crowdfunding campaigns to have someone assassinated... whoever gets the job done wins all the pledged money. The story concerns a woman who finds that she has a $1 million+ price on her head and has no idea why, and the bodyguard she hires who has a lousy rating because of her reluctance to kill people. I hope this title catches on and doesn't fade away like many others of its kind.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(09-20-2018, 01:44 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  Just throwing this out here as a recommendation... I put "Crowded" from Image Comics on my pull list because the Previews spot caught my eye. Two issues in, I'm liking it quite a bit. It's about a near-future where people can make crowdfunding campaigns to have someone assassinated... whoever gets the job done wins all the pledged money. The story concerns a woman who finds that she has a $1 million+ price on her head and has no idea why, and the bodyguard she hires who has a lousy rating because of her reluctance to kill people. I hope this title catches on and doesn't fade away like many others of its kind.

That's an interesting premise with a lot of potential.

Sort of a mix between John Wick and Running Man.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
It's about 50% a comedy. Pretty fun read.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
Didn't expect comedy but it can work when it well done.

Some of my best Preacher moments came from comedy and how over the top it could be.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Are there any hints as to why has the price on her head, or are we coming in completely cold and learning the mystery along with the characters?
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
That's one of the mysteries we have to find out. Charlie, the woman with the price on her head, is kind of shallow and annoying, but not enough to explain why thousands of people would kick in money to have her killed.

We're only 2 issues in, so you can easily get caught up with digital reading...

https://www.comixology.com/Crowded/comics-series/121986?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Issue #4 is just out... still highly recommended.