Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the new GailBo/YABS 2.1
(10-01-2014, 03:41 AM)sk716 Wrote:  
(09-30-2014, 05:27 PM)JimMacQ Wrote:  
(09-28-2014, 04:44 AM)bert Wrote:  tho I wish the line breaks between posts were a bit. . .  thicker)

I bet we can poke around in the stylesheet and change that.

Good news!  After a great deal of mucking about in the templates and CSS, you can absolutely see the breaks between the posts.

I apologize if anyone thought they were having a stroke while I went through a series of color changes in rapid succession.

Looks Great!

thanks Shel! (and MacQ)
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
I've arrived. TEN CHARACTERS
(10-07-2014, 01:41 AM)hamsterrage Wrote:  I've arrived. TEN CHARACTERS

YAY!
I HAVE RETURNED.

...And already I have a complaint. ^_~ Well, more like a, "Hey is there a way to change this?" When I click on a thread, it automatically brings me to the bottom of the page. I'd prefer it start at the top of the age, but can't find a way to change it. XD
(10-09-2014, 02:31 AM)Linkara Wrote:  I HAVE RETURNED.

...And already I have a complaint.  ^_~  Well, more like a, "Hey is there a way to change this?" When I click on a thread, it automatically brings me to the bottom of the page. I'd prefer it start at the top of the age, but can't find a way to change it.  XD

Welcome!

there's an Issues thread just below here. . called "Visuals/Styles". . . better for Shel to see there.

but she might see this Smile
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
(10-09-2014, 02:31 AM)Linkara Wrote:  I HAVE RETURNED.

...And already I have a complaint.  ^_~  Well, more like a, "Hey is there a way to change this?" When I click on a thread, it automatically brings me to the bottom of the page. I'd prefer it start at the top of the age, but can't find a way to change it.  XD

It's set to open on the first post if you click the thread title.  Clicking the arrow next to the title will take you to the first new post.
No matter where I click, it takes me to the bottom of that page.
Viva La French Fry! Big Grin
I've never encountered this, I only get taken to the bottom of the page when I click the "Last Post" feature or otherwise indicate I should go to the end of the thread. Just clicking on the thread link, or an individual page number, brings me to the top of the page.

EDIT: Except it just started happening here in this thread. Clicking one of the page numbers to go to that page brought me to the middle or end of that page.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
(10-09-2014, 11:41 AM)Flamebird Wrote:  No matter where I click, it takes me to the bottom of that page.

like you're not used to being on the bottom?

whatr you bitchin about?

Tongue

(10-09-2014, 12:38 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  I've never encountered this, I only get taken to the bottom of the page when I click the "Last Post" feature or otherwise indicate I should go to the end of the thread.  Just clicking on the thread link, or an individual page number, brings me to the top of the page.

EDIT: Except it just started happening here in this thread.  Clicking one of the page numbers to go to that page brought me to the middle or end of that page.

I still can't duplicate this on Firefox, IE, or Chrome.
Wow, big influx of spammer registrations today.

There's still quite a few people who were regular posters on the old board who haven't shown up here yet. I wonder where they are.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
I think some people maybe thought this forum was going to be a little too narrow to be honest. The Gail board over at Jinxworld was dying to be honest. It got horribly quiet.

Things have been a bit better here but the Gailverse is not entirely covered by the board any more. Many people prefer following Gail's frequent Twitter and Facebook activities.

I like the best of both worlds. I want this to be an active and fun board but I keep up with social media too. Gail had a hilarious restaurant war between A&W and Hot Dog On A Stick last night. Red Sonja was heavily featured too.
(11-21-2014, 09:24 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  Wow, big influx of spammer registrations today.

There's still quite a few people who were regular posters on the old board who haven't shown up here yet. I wonder where they are.

I'm extremely disappointed this site was never officially announced or linked to from Gail's twitter/tumblr.

we should have seen a huge influx of people, but it never happened. . and last time I asked (back in Oct), Gail was too busy and she was overseas to make the links.

it's a shame, as Shel really worked her butt off to make this a fantastic place, and just not many people know about it.

I really do think THAT is why some old regulars have never showed up.

(11-22-2014, 12:17 AM)bert Wrote:  I'm extremely disappointed this site was never officially announced or linked to from Gail's twitter/tumblr.

we should have seen a huge influx of people, but it never happened. . and last time I asked (back in Oct), Gail was too busy and she was overseas to make the links.

it's a shame, as Shel really worked her butt off to make this a fantastic place, and just not many people know about it.

I really do think THAT is why some old regulars have never showed up.

We shouldn't rush things. Gail's a busy person, and we should do our part to keep being the great community we've always been until everybody's ready to roll out the red carpet.
(11-22-2014, 02:30 AM)Rozen Wrote:  We shouldn't rush things. Gail's a busy person, and we should do our part to keep being the great community we've always been until everybody's ready to roll out the red carpet.

it's been months.

there really isn't an excuse -- particularly when Shel put so much time and effort into making this place look so great.

Now that she's off Tomb Raider, that just leaves her with Red Sonja and Secret Six, right? Maybe now that con season is over and the holiday lull is starting, she'll get to it.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(11-22-2014, 06:15 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  Now that she's off Tomb Raider, that just leaves her with Red Sonja and Secret Six, right? Maybe now that con season is over and the holiday lull is starting, she'll get to it.

Clean Room too, the new Vertigo horror book.
As for the direction of this forum. I tend to think of it as a Gail Simone fan community rather than a Gail Simone community.

Many of the people here are big fans of Gail, me included but the board is more about the interests of Gail Simone's fans rather than being specifically about Gail herself and her work, although that is obviously important too and is a binding element for the entire forum.

Maybe there should be a slightly broader set of threads, rather than just the general and comic discussions. There are a lot of TV, movie, video game, music and other fans here. Even stuff like roleplaying games might warrant a place.

As a fan community, we should maybe be reaching out beyond the established Gailverse and trying to bring in people who are compatible with our interests, perhaps people from other boards, even non comic ones that would add something to the board.

The Gail boards have NEVER been as tight and restrictive as many other boards. Some boards go crazy if you go slightly off topic for example. Gail boards have generally been chilled and friendly places. Even Gail herself seems to have pretty diverse interests and her Twitter posts for example can be about Red Sonja one minute, fast food the next and then a movie.

Gail is a very ecletctic character and her fans also have a hugely diverse range of interests and come from a diverse range of backgrounds.

Having a fairly broad board could help us grow here and maybe help grow Gail's fanbase too.
Weeto. . you're missing the point.

this was (from my understanding) intended to be Gail Simone central. A link between Gail's Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook. . and with forums.

it has not yet been announced -- hence NO influx of any new members.

what we are now? the sad remnants of the Gailbo. . and that makes me angry, sad, and disappointed all at the same time. . as several folks who were interacting on the FB page, never even set up shop here, preferring to wait for this place to be "official"

It genuinely SADDENS me, to the point that I feel a bit ill, that there are only 55 folks registered here. (None of whom are Gail, who hasn't posted, nor registered here. . . neither has Scott).

(11-22-2014, 11:00 PM)Weeto Wrote:  Clean Room too, the new Vertigo horror book.

Plus, there's the all-women crossover project for Dynamite, and I believe she's co-writing Conan/Red Sonja for Dark Horse.