Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the new GailBo/YABS 2.1
(11-22-2014, 11:24 PM)bert Wrote:  Weeto. . you're missing the point.

this was (from my understanding) intended to be Gail Simone central. A link between Gail's Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook. . and with forums.

it has not yet been announced -- hence NO influx of any new members.

what we are now? the sad remnants of the Gailbo. . and that makes me angry, sad, and disappointed all at the same time. . as several folks who were interacting on the FB page, never even set up shop here, preferring to wait for this place to be "official"

It genuinely SADDENS me, to the point that I feel a bit ill, that there are only 55 folks registered here. (None of whom are Gail, who hasn't posted, nor registered here. . . neither has Scott).

Gail seems totally Twitter orientated now. She doesn't really bother with forums at all now sadly. When I first became a fan of Gail's she was actively involved on YABS, the DC forums, Usenet and a few other places but she seems to be Twitter focused then uses Tumblr and Facebook too.

Maybe some of the stuff at the end of YABS and some of the things at Jinxworld put her off actively using forums.

She isn't as easy to get hold of as she used to be online but Twitter seems to be the easiest way to get her.
I Facebooked Gail and she asked for the link to the site and she has said she will look in.

Hope this helps.
Gail has joined and made her first post over at the Rat Queens thread on the Comics threads...
I can't remember who I am.
(11-24-2014, 05:37 AM)Gail Simone Wrote:  I can't remember who I am.

I'm just glad to see you, Gail.

it's been forever.

and I hope we can get this up and linked to your other sites. . would be WONDERFUL to have an influx of new folks -- fans of yours being a bonus -- to make this place really come alive!

hugs,
bert
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]

You are Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. You own a mansion and a yacht.
(11-24-2014, 06:23 AM)Rozen Wrote:  You are Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. You own a mansion and a yacht.

and love cross-dressing wraskaly wabbits.
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
Gail borrowed £1000 from me at Glasgow Comic Con. I think she forgot about it when she forgot her identity. I have witnesses...
(11-24-2014, 06:23 AM)Rozen Wrote:  You are Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. You own a mansion and a yacht.

There's no "like" button on this forum, so... "like." Big Grin
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini

You're Mark Waid in a wig.
I @#$%ING KNEW IT!!!!!!!
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.

Aren't you the the lady on the Wendy's logo?
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Are we still planning to make a public announcement about the site? While I love chatting with all us fine folk, cross-traffic and new members could definitely help keep us going. When last we spoke about it the technical side of things was still in the works (Getting the site hooked up to Gail's social media accounts and such), is that still on?
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
Yeah, I was wondering about the forum's plans for 2015. I'd be more than happy to see some new blood coming in.

Why you are a rather charming brightly dressed fellow with surgically altered limbs and penchant for dressing up your pet monkeys.

So, are we official now?  Not official?  Can I announce to the site to the world, can Lewis?  I don't know anymore, how did I get here?  This is not my beautiful house.  This is not my beautiful wife

[Image: 76561198170769059.png]
[Image: Crossforge.png]
Sadly, I don't think so.

such a shame that all of Shel's hard work was wasted.

this is literally a slowly dying community of less than 12 people Sad

Our numbers our dwindling, of that there's no doubt, but we're not gone yet. I still enjoy coming here and talking to our wonderful gang, and I have hopes that we'll pop up eventually.

Equality is not a loss.
Hello

Was a poster during the CBR days and left during the bendisboard days for reasons not to do with gail or anyone here but other people altogether
Welcome back, we're glad to have you.

Equality is not a loss.
I don't think we've met, Gryphon. Welcome, nonetheless. Smile