Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Dr. Who Thread
Given how much I enjoyed the animated The Power of the Daleks serial this is definitely something I want to check out.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
This past weekend I managed to download all of the episodes that I've missed since I fell out of regular viewing (mostly since season seven). I might catch up over the next week or two if I get the chance.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
Sneak peak for the Xmas special out already.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
"Twice Upon a Time"

I thought this was a pretty good send off
 I'm excited to see Jodie Whittaker's take on the character but am reserved about Chris Chibnall as showrunner given his output on DW and Torchwood was a bit all over the place.  I'm hoping for more like "The Hungry Earth" & "Cold Blood" and less "Cyberwoman".
She looks really fun in the role I'm excited.

Enjoyed the global simulcast and the premiere of the 13th Doctor. I think the show is in good hands with Chris Chibnall at the helm and Jodie Whittaker does quite well in the roll. She has a sort of endearing charm to her as The Doctor. The villain was proper creepy although a bit derivative. The companions didn't annoy me and I thought there was some interesting threads laid for character arcs. Looking forward to seeing more.
"The Ghost Monument"
I caught up the first three episodes of the season last night, and I really like the vibe. It's fun again in a way I haven't felt since some early Eleven episodes, where it feels like the show is actually supposed to be entertaining instead of thinking that it needs to be Serious.

Jodie Whitaker brings a fantastic energy to the role, able to stretch out the "Look how weird the Doctor is adapting to the new body" from Matt Smith's first episode enough to feel natural even lasting for two full episodes.

I also love the odd dynamic we've got with the companions, although I wish to heaven that we'd gotten to have Grace in the TARDIS as well. There's history between Ryan ad Yaz, and history between Graham and Ryan, which isn't quite the same as with the companions that have come before. They all bring a different perspective and experience as well.

"Rosa" was a heavy episode that probably confronted racism more directly than any previous Doctor Who episode I've seen, and handled it better than almost any other time travel show ever has. At no point was it ever said that the white time travelers inspired or were responsible for what Rosa Parks accomplished, all they did was observe and prevent other time travels from interfering on their own. Quantum Leap, for all its quality, never realized the importance of letting historical figures act for themselves without Sam's help. Legends of Tomorrow completed failed -- hard -- by having the white douchebag historian explaining to a black woman of the era how important rock and roll music was. This episode let Rosa Parks be the hero of her own story.

I'm excited for new Doctor Who again for the first time in a long time.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
I LOVE the new Doctor and I'm also excited about it since a long time.

I gave up on the last one because it was so dark and while nothing against the actor, it seemed like that version of the Doctor would stab you in the back for "the greater good" while I think this new version would say "Screw the stabbing, there's always another way".

Rosa was a really good episode. Heartbreaking in the end when Graham, who just lost his wife who was a black woman realizes that he has to be the white guy in the bus that would've forced Mrs. Parks to give up her seat. That episode was so gut wrenching. It had been a while since I wanted to punch so many bigots on screen.

Also, did love the part where Graham gives the cops the fake name of Steve Jobs, an inventor who wants to make telephones that also can take pictures and play movies and the cop says "That sounds really stupid" lol
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
They've managed to keep their momentum going, and "Demons of the Punjab" was another hard-hitter.

I've already seen a lot of people talking about the importance of it airing on Remembrance Day, and there's definitely a lot of layers there.

Equality is not a loss.