Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I declare Winter over!
Big Grin 
We made it. Big Grin
As rough as this winter has been... I still prefer it over 90 degrees and humid.

It's a lot easier to get warm when it's cold, than it is to get cool when it's hot. And summer heat makes me sick.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
*look at snow storm outside*

You filthy liar.
Wrestlemania is coming!

YIPPEE!
Winter was interesting this year in America. We had a mild winter in Chicago, one big snowstorm but other than that some cold days. For a while there you had parts of the East Coast getting a twenty inch storm every monday.
Winter I think is officially over March 20. I still have a lot of snow in my area - western Massachusetts with Boston being 90 minutes to my right. I don't want winter to be over because I try to go skiing every weekend since I bought a season pass for next year that is good for the rest of this year. And I agree with Andrew. I'm not a fan of summer when just sitting in the sunlight makes me sweat. I'm much more physically active in a cold temperature than hot. And winter sports are just much cooler than summer sports.
I was on air-conditioning today, when I'd been on heat yesterday. Whacky.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
I wore shorts today. It was short wearing weather. It was record cold a few days ago, below zero.
I always catch a cold when that happens.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
I only get sick once a year when the weather gets warmer. Be about three weeks in April of a full on chest cold and I look forward to it each year because spring has arrived.
(03-10-2015, 01:07 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  I was on air-conditioning today, when I'd been on heat yesterday. Whacky.

We Brits get confused with Americans with their fancy air con. What is wrong with windows, do you have any???
I'll admit that I'll use an air-conditioner in the couple of weeks of summer where the humidity places the temperature in between 105-110 F.

I hate crazy heat like that.

Gotta love living in a place where in winter, we can go down to -40 F and in a couple of months, it will be at over 100 F
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
(03-10-2015, 01:25 PM)Weeto Wrote:  We Brits get confused with Americans with their fancy air con. What is wrong with windows, do you have any???

Opening a window doesn't do much good when it's 90 degrees and humid outside. Moving hot air is still hot air.

Even the northern U.S. has much hotter summers on average than the U.K. I live in upstate New York, and July and August are usually oppressive.

(03-10-2015, 01:25 PM)Weeto Wrote:  We Brits get confused with Americans with their fancy air con. What is wrong with windows, do you have any???

We do, but when you're traveling 73 mph (116 kph) on the highway you want those babies rolled up.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
I know Andrew tends to skip the worst of it, but upstate New York has horrible weather year-round.

(03-09-2015, 01:43 PM)Weeto Wrote:  Wrestlemania is coming!

YIPPEE!

When I was a huge WWE fan, it was always the first ppv after Wrestlemania that was my favorite of the year with the raw the day after being my favorite show.
Lester, if below freezing temperatures return to Chicago in the next 2 weeks, I blame you!
Rain and mild temps in western MA is killing all the snow. Not sure I'll be able to ski again locally this season. Sad
We're getting rain now instead of predicted snow, so that means...I dunno. It's not snow.

Equality is not a loss.
Local ski mountain, and by 'local' it's still a 45 minute drive one way for me, is open today as a bonus day. Friday as well. Wintry mix on Saturday will probably stop me from going before work but Sunday could be a nice day to ski!

I am pretty happy about this. Smile
So last night we had about 4 inches of snow and the weather network says we'll return to arctic cold temperature.....

I so blame Lester and his announcement for this!!!
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.