Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I declare Winter over!
We officially had a White Easter today. We did not have a White Christmas.

It's supposed to be 63 tomorrow.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
Today was a super nice and warm day up here and I shaved my legs and thighs like I meant it because it's pretty much shorts season.

Now we can officially say winter is over! Smile
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
I walked back from lunch today in the snow. [Image: santa-emoticon.gif]
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
It's actually been shockingly cold this week. Still in the 40s though.
Hail for me today, it caught me in the car coming back from work.

And to think, I switched to my straw Summer Hat this past week. Tsk, tsk.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
We set a new record low temperature here in Cleveland, today. April 24 and it got down to 27°F (-3°C) over night.

Go us?
Yeah, go us!
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
I jumped the gun last year but it's Feb 19th and 60 degrees today so I declare winter over once again and this time won't be smacked by hubris. I know global warming might kill all of descendants one day but this winter was really, really nice.
What do we get when it gets cold again?

Equality is not a loss.
(02-20-2016, 03:39 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  What do we get when it gets cold again?

Surely that won't happen?

What about global warming?
We had a super windy and snowy night and today, a lot of rain that's turning everything to mush........

LESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're to blame Angry Angry Angry
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Tomorrow in New England it's suppose to hit almost 50 degrees. I don't want winter to be over. I have vacation coming in two weeks and part of that plan is to ski on local mountains I haven't yet visited!
58 degrees right now, and it's only 12:45 PM. It will probably hit 65 before the day is over. Average for this date is 37.

There are crocuses in blossom at my parents' house this morning.

It has been miserable here in Scotland.

It was very moderate prior to the New Year but there has been a lot of rain in recent weeks and cold winds have been regular.

We had a bit of snow a few weeks back and frosty mornings have been on and off.

We don't tend to get winter weather on the scale of the northern US states or Canada but we get pretty nasty winter weather at times. The weather has been down around 4 or 5 degrees centigrade recently which is cold when windchill is factored in. Those kind of temperatures are around 40F before wind chill is included. I'm not far from the river so we get really cold winds coming in from over the water. I'm pretty used to that though as I have lived my entire life on the coast. I remember my Dad and I came up here to Erskine when had to sign documents to move here with the local housing association (social housing is relatively common here and doesn't carry the same social and economic stigma as in the US, as many working people live in housing association or council owned homes although a great deal of the housing stock has been sold between the 80s and 00s until a block was put on in most areas and we had went quite far in the buying process with our previous house before scrapping the deal after having issues with religious bigots next door) and we were walking along the path by the river in January and it was absolutely FREEZING... BRRRRR.

Temperatures, winds and snow do get bad at times here but I'd say the weather tends to be a little more moderate than colder parts of North America and Europe. We don't have terribly hot summers though and 30C (86C) is about as far as our thermometer goes here on the up scale. It went to -22C(-7F) back in 1996 which was really cold. I remember going out with my Border Collie, Glen and playing in the snow, wearing a soccer shirt and no jacket! I don't feel the cold that much though. I tend to struggle when the thermometer hits the mid 20s in C though!

I remember my original hometown of Greenock hosted an event called the Tall Ships race with old style sailing boats back in 1999 (it did come back but we didn't go back to see it) and it was 29C during the event and I remember wearing a new white tracksuit I had bought (which was a really good but slightly heavy poly / cotton mix one) and I felt I was going to melt!
Yesterday it was warm enough for the temperature in my apartment to rise one degree after the heat had been shut off.

Equality is not a loss.
The Weather Service is saying the next three months at least are supposed to be "Much Above Average" temperature wise. The Southern states are going to have a much cooler spring that the Northern states.

I recently heard that every month since last April has been the warmest month of its kind in recorded history.

I think we've broken through some kind of barrier here. Global warming is now irreversible and uncontrollable. By the middle of this century human civilization will become untenable, and by the end of this century the planet will be uninhabitable.

(02-21-2016, 04:44 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  The Weather Service is saying the next three months at least are supposed to be "Much Above Average" temperature wise. The Southern states are going to have a much cooler spring that the Northern states.

I recently heard that every month since last April has been the warmest month of its kind in recorded history.

I think we've broken through some kind of barrier here. Global warming is now irreversible and uncontrollable. By the middle of this century human civilization will become untenable, and by the end of this century the planet will be uninhabitable.

I wouldn't go that far. Climate change has been going on since the begining and is what kills off nearly all life but not life survives. For example mammels never bigger than fist sized during the time of the dinosours because they kept us in check until they all died off. There have been five or six of these mass extinction events they know about. This is the first to be caused by an internal rather tan external factor but life will go on just not human life.
People don't realize what a house of cards the climate is, as far as human survival is concerned. Things have to be just right for us to survive, much less thrive.

(02-20-2016, 04:39 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  We had a super windy and snowy night and today, a lot of rain that's turning everything to mush........

LESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're to blame Angry Angry Angry

That was the reaction from my co-workers today. On Wed. we're getting 3 to 20 inches of snow they can't tell yet and everyone mad at me like I made it snow. I still say winter over bet we closer to 3 inches than 20
I told a co-worker there is only a 40 percent chance of snow so hey should chill. Then I realized I made a pun and felt clever for once.