Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual/Styles
Not a particularly troublesome issue, but a few minutes ago I made a post in a thread, which was autoasaved by the board, and when I went to a different thread it was filled into the QuickReply box at the bottom as if I'd been typing the post there.

The same thing happened here when I came to make this post.

I was able to delete the auto-fill with no problems.

EDIT: Also, I have since left the web-site and come back in a new window, and it is still auto-filling from my last post.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
I've had it do that, too.  I've turned off the auto-save feature.
Do you want us to keep posting errors we encounter as we go along?
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
Yes, please.  I'd like for us to get all the kinks out before we go live.
(10-06-2014, 05:51 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Do you want us to keep posting errors we encounter as we go along?

Is quoting working?
Don't mind me, I'm getting a script error.  Trying to nail it down.
Error check
Double error check
One more time

That's seems to have fixed it.
(10-06-2014, 05:48 PM)sk716 Wrote:  I've had it do that, too.  I've turned off the auto-save feature.

OMG. . thank you!

I thought I was having a stroke or something.
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
The header up top (Home, About, Calendar, etc.) is just a vertical list now, no longer the horizontal bar we had.

EDIT: It's back now.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-06-2014, 08:49 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  The header up top (Home, About, Calendar, etc.) is just a vertical list now, no longer the horizontal bar we had.

EDIT: It's back now.

You guys post faster than I can paste in the new code.
I'm sneaky and tricksy like that.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-04-2014, 07:10 PM)sk716 Wrote:  Okay!  Only one level back of quote will be displayed.  That should help with both problems.  As long as no one misses the multiquote function, I'm going to give up the ghost on it.

As an FYI, the "Tried to edit a quote, and all that was posted was the complete original quote" thing is still happening. I actually tried to quote you earlier today, cut out a part and wrote my response, and all that was posted was just your complete original post.

Equality is not a loss.
Shel, any chance you can add a "spoiler button" along side of the other buttons (i.e. insert image, insert link, etc.)? I didn't realize there was a spoiler function until you had used it in posting yesterday in the Flash thread. Smile
(10-09-2014, 01:32 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  As an FYI, the "Tried to edit a quote, and all that was posted was the complete original quote" thing is still happening.  I actually tried to quote you earlier today, cut out a part and wrote my response, and all that was posted was just your complete original post.

Huh. . I'm not seeing that.

maybe it's related to your browser?

(I use Firefox)
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
I suppose it might; I was using Internet Explorer at the time, and am using Safari now and the Quote process is distinctly different.

EDIT: I just did the quote-with-edit using Safari, and there were no problems.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-09-2014, 02:10 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  Shel, any chance you can add a "spoiler button" along side of the other buttons (i.e. insert image, insert link, etc.)?  I didn't realize there was a spoiler function until you had used it in posting yesterday in the Flash thread.  Smile

The short answer is no.
(10-09-2014, 01:32 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  As an FYI, the "Tried to edit a quote, and all that was posted was the complete original quote" thing is still happening.  I actually tried to quote you earlier today, cut out a part and wrote my response, and all that was posted was just your complete original post.

This is an IE issue.  No one seems to have any idea how to fix it because it's an IE problem.  Devs are working on it for the next release.
Curious, I'll have to experiment with my system and see if there's a workaround.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Equality is not a loss.