Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual/Styles
(10-09-2014, 06:34 PM)sk716 Wrote:  The short answer is no.

I'd like a different answer please. Big Grin

Seriously, I had to ask! Cool
(10-09-2014, 07:28 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  I'd like a different answer please.   Big Grin

Seriously, I had to ask! Cool

I'll have to hardcode something in.  With the other issues right now, it's low priority.
I'm having difficulties posting, receiving a "Cannot find" error in several different threads when trying to submit the post or view a post preview. However, I apparently can post here.

EDIT: The page says:

"This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help."
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
There are some issues with posting videos and images.  The system errors out instead of saying there is a photo or video limit.  I still can't find where to correct the maximum exceeded error message issues.  Are you trying to post more than 5 images, more than one video, or any attachments?
No, these posts have no videos, links or images. There is one italics/close-italics section, but that's it.

EDIT: I am now able to post in the threads where I was having problems last night, but I'm on a different system (My iPad last, using a MacMini now), so I do not know what the connection is.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-14-2014, 05:32 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  No, these posts have no videos, links or images.  There is one italics/close-italics section, but that's it.

EDIT: I am now able to post in the threads where I was having problems last night, but I'm on a different system (My iPad last, using a MacMini now), so I do not know what the connection is.

No errors so far with the basic Safari browser.

Safari for iPad.

Is it possible that the Forum Runner plug in is causing errors on mobile devices?
New error. It has only occurred once and I have not been able to reproduce.

I was posting a new thread in "Comics", had already used the "Preview Post" option once to review what I had already written, and pressed Preview again to review new changes. I got a Board message which said "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive. Please press the back button."

I reloaded the forum main page, created a new thread and was able to post with no problems afterwards.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-16-2014, 03:10 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  New error.  It has only occurred once and I have not been able to reproduce.

I was posting a new thread in "Comics", had already used the "Preview Post" option once to review what I had already written, and pressed Preview again to review new changes.  I got a Board message which said "Can not upload file - Too large for php post_max_size directive.  Please press the back button."

I reloaded the forum main page, created a new thread and was able to post with no problems afterwards.

I tracked the problem, I think.  Let me know if there are any other issues.
Killed Forum Runner and installed a mobile style. Posting from my phone.
Trying to quote from mobile.
Aaaaahhhhhhh! It's all different! We fear change!

Equality is not a loss.
Still trying to get Quote to work.

(10-17-2014, 12:25 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  Aaaaahhhhhhh! It's all different! We fear change!

And that's got it!
Shel,

I no linger see the first lines of the post, when I hover over a thread topic.

not a big deal to me, but pointing it out, in case it points to an underlying problem
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
(10-18-2014, 07:38 PM)bert Wrote:  I no linger see the first lines of the post, when I hover over a thread topic.

That has not as yet been a working option for this forum code.

However, just for JBK, I've worked in a Fast Quote option that will allow for the highlighting of the section of post to be quoted, then clicking the unmarked quote button to quote the text in a new post.
(10-18-2014, 07:38 PM)bert Wrote:  Shel,

I no linger see the first lines of the post, when I hover over a thread topic.

not a big deal to me, but pointing it out, in case it points to an underlying problem

Another tooltip description installed.  Let's see if this one conflicts with something.
(10-19-2014, 08:40 PM)sk716 Wrote:  However, just for JBK

didn't work for me.

I got the above by just quoting the whole post, and then deleting what I didn't want to quote.

OH THE HORROR!

Tongue

(10-19-2014, 10:02 PM)sk716 Wrote:  Another tooltip description installed.  Let's see if this one conflicts with something.

and they're back now. . seeing the info when I hover over topics again Smile
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
(10-19-2014, 08:40 PM)sk716 Wrote:  However, just for JBK, I've worked in a Fast Quote option that will allow for the highlighting of the section of post to be quoted, then clicking the unmarked quote button to quote the text in a new post.

Awwww, thanks Shel. You didn't need to do that, I've been quote-coding manually......but since you've gone and done it already, how does it work?

Equality is not a loss.
(10-19-2014, 10:48 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  how does it work?

Highlight the part of the post you want to quote, then click the unmarked quote button. In the mobile theme it shows up as an asterix. Still haven't figured out how to force a word on to the button.
(10-19-2014, 10:19 PM)bert Wrote:  and they're back now. . seeing the info when I hover over topics again Smile

Hopefully both are working now. Having formatting options in the Quick Reply section seems to have been the cause of many display problems.
(10-19-2014, 08:40 PM)sk716 Wrote:  However, just for JBK, I've worked in a Fast Quote option that will allow for the highlighting of the section of post to be quoted, then clicking the unmarked quote button to quote the text in a new post.

This is an attempt to quote a part of sk716's post using Internet Explorer on a Windows laptop (Where the quoting issues have been appearing).

EDIT:

It worked!

[Image: p22000522.ibf]

It's official, Shel's awesome.
[Image: p22000541.ibf]

Equality is not a loss.