Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Are You Readin? Last Book / Novel You've Read
My girlfriend took me to a book sale at a library Saturday and for $5 we were allowed to fill one bag. So for $10 bucks we got loads and loads of books. These are just the ones I got for myself. I was really glad to find most of the Foundation books I was missing now all I need is Prelude to Foundation and I own the entire series. As big of a horror fan as I am I've never actually read Stephen King so I'm glad I can finally start that after recently watching the film remake. I've always assumed Da Vinci code was overrated but never bothered with it or the films. The Tolkien Collection I actually picked up for my younger brother who got me into the books. Oh and that Vincent Van Gogh book is gorgeous to look at.

[Image: Jr39UK9.jpg]
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
Not a bad spread at all.

I wasn't particularly wowed by any of the Foundation series outside of the Original Trilogy -- particularly not when he tried to tie it all in with the Robot and Empire series -- but I've filled out the collection myself as well.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
That Tolkien book looks awesome!
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
I have five of those seven books (missing the Van Gogh one and Pet Sematary). My copy of The Tolkien Companion I actually got before The Silmarillion came out... I think this is probably the revised edition that added that stuff in. I have that and The Complete Guide to Middle Earth by Robert Foster, which is more complete.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
Well, I just finished Wolves of the Calla. Only two more thick volumes to go in the Dark Tower saga. I believe that crazy Stephen King is about to write himself into his own book as a character. Must be nice to be famous enough to get away with that.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
How did you like the reveal of who the Wolves were?

It's funny cause when they described them earlier in the book, I said you know, they remind me of ____________ and then in the end, they totally say they were actually that taken from the Marvel Universe, with Star Wars lightsabers and Harry Potter grenades!
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
(05-11-2019, 10:24 AM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  How did you like the reveal of who the Wolves were?

It's funny cause when they described them earlier in the book, I said you know, they remind me of ____________ and then in the end, they totally say they were actually that taken from the Marvel Universe, with Star Wars lightsabers and Harry Potter grenades!

Here's my Mystery Scene review of the Colin Conway / Frank Zafiro thriller Charlie-316.
Welp, I'm starting "Song of Susannah" now. Second to last volume of The Dark Tower. Less than a thousand pages from the end now, I guess.

Not the end of the end, merely the end of the beginning...
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
I finished the Maddie Day mystery Strangled Eggs and Ham last night. Here's my review!
I finished reading the Matthew Betley action thriller Oath of Honor.
(07-22-2019, 06:16 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Not the end of the end, merely the end of the beginning...

The genius is that he's not only tied together literally all his books into one literary universe... he's also explained away every continuity or factual error he ever made or ever will make!