Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE FLASH on CW!
Anyone else going to be watching this?

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new show. Smile
Will be watching and DVRing accordingly. Very hyped for it!
I haven't been following "Arrow"... but is it true that the same event that gives Barry Allen his powers here also introduces metahumans to the "Arrow-verse" in general?
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(10-06-2014, 04:18 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  I haven't been following "Arrow"... but is it true that the same event that gives Barry Allen his powers here also introduces metahumans to the "Arrow-verse" in general?

Pretty much,

Before Barry, most of the metahumans in Arrow where more or less explained as either super ninjas or used science as a gimmick.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
(10-06-2014, 04:23 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  Pretty much,

Before Barry, most of the metahumans in Arrow where more or less explained as either super ninjas or used science as a gimmick.

Yeah, Flash seems like he'll be the first superhero with actual superpowers. There have been people on Arrow who have used a chemical, Mirakuru, which is basically like super steroids, but not so much so that they're throwing cars around and the like.

I'm also incredibly excited for this show. I love Arrow and I have really high hopes for this one.
(10-06-2014, 04:18 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  I haven't been following "Arrow"... but is it true that the same event that gives Barry Allen his powers here also introduces metahumans to the "Arrow-verse" in general?

It's this universe's "meta-bomb" when the particle accelerator explodes releasing dark matter and other unknown energies out into the world.
(10-06-2014, 03:56 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  Anyone else going to be watching this?  

I don't think I've ever been this excited about a new show.  Smile

tomorrow night.

tho have to DVR as we are having "National Night Out" tomorrow, and our Block Captain personally came by yesterday to ask if we were going to attend.

but hopefully will get to it by Wed. afternoon!
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
Oh yeah. This is going to be good! Smile Even my wife, who generally dislikes anything "comic book-y", enjoyed it. She also likes Arrow, so the Flash had a shot. My only hope/wish is that they do not overload too fast with extraneous characters other than the Rogues. Allow the show to get firmly established first.

Overall though, I was like a kid at Christmas while watching this. I loved it. Smile
We liked it.  Much lighter than Arrow.
DVRed, as I was at the Neighborhood Night out. .

hopefully can watch it tomorrow!~
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
I liked it.
It was fun.
Saw the pilot a while ago. It was a pretty fun ride, and I have high hopes for the rest of this series.
Guess I'm the only one who didn't much care for it. Doesn't help I was never a fan of The Flash to begin with.
[Image: 76561198170769059.png]
[Image: Crossforge.png]
About that ending...?  My guess:

You need to highlight this: I think Wells might be either Abra Kadabra or Pariah.  I don't think they're going to go the obvious route and make him Hunter Zolomon or a Thawne.
Ok, I loved it. Completely loved it. I thought the tone was perfect and I like the boyishness they brought to Barry instead of the usual boring, square-jawed take on the character. I think mixing in a dash of Peter Parker was a great call.

My only nitpick was Iris' "in English!" line when Barry was talking about the particle accelerator. He wasn't getting super technical and she just had finished saying she was working on her dissertation. Even if it isn't in science, things like particles and light speed shouldn't confuse her.
(10-08-2014, 03:23 PM)Danimal Wrote:  Ok, I loved it. Completely loved it. I thought the tone was perfect and I like the boyishness they brought to Barry instead of the usual boring, square-jawed take on the character. I think mixing in a dash of Peter Parker was a great call.

My only nitpick was Iris' "in English!" line when Barry was talking about the particle accelerator. He wasn't getting super technical and she just had finished saying she was working on her dissertation. Even if it isn't in science, things like particles and light speed shouldn't confuse her.

By the way she said it and how she looked, I got the impression that she knew Barry was about to go off into a super-science-y monologue and she just cut him off as a reminder to keep it simple.
(10-08-2014, 03:42 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  By the way she said it and how she looked, I got the impression that she knew Barry was about to go off into a super-science-y monologue and she just cut him off as a reminder to keep it simple.

I think I just get annoyed with how cliched the line is.
(10-08-2014, 04:12 PM)Danimal Wrote:  I think I just get annoyed with how cliched the line is.

I can be at times. Though there have been times I've used a similar line with my wife when she starts talking about sewing, etc.

And, by the way, in case anyone did miss the premiere on Tuesday, the pilot is being replayed tonight after Arrow's premiere.
It's a cliched line for sure but I'm guessing that they decided to put it there so that Barry could "dumb it down" for us poor dumbass viewers who don't know about them fancy science words and such.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
(10-08-2014, 04:23 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  I can be at times.  Though there have been times I've used a similar line with my wife when she starts talking about sewing, etc.

And, by the way, in case anyone did miss the premiere on Tuesday, the pilot is being replayed tonight after Arrow's premiere.

That was my take on it, too. Kind of like how on other shows you've got the one character who wants to go uber-technical and somebody just looks at him/her and says "What's the bottom line, McGee?"