Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE FLASH on CW!
Dr. Julius Hibbert: Homer, I'm afraid you'll have to undergo a coronary bypass operation.

Homer Simpson: Say it in English, Doc!

Dr. Julius Hibbert: You're going to need open-heart surgery.

Homer Simpson: Spare me your medical mumbo jumbo!

Dr. Julius Hibbert: We're going to cut you open and tinker with your ticker.

Homer Simpson: Could you dumb it down a shade?
(10-08-2014, 11:46 AM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  About that ending...?  My guess:

You need to highlight this:  I think Wells might be either Abra Kadabra or Pariah.  I don't think they're going to go the obvious route and make him Hunter Zolomon or a Thawne.

You know,
(10-08-2014, 09:07 PM)sk716 Wrote:  You know,

That is very possible... or it could be a feint.

I finally watched the pilot last night. Pretty decent.
The other half of the Firestorm matrix with Ronnie Raymond?

Martin Stein!!!!!!! Heart
(10-09-2014, 05:09 PM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  The other half of the Firestorm matrix with Ronnie Raymond?

Martin Stein!!!!!!!   Heart

Awesome!!! That guy rules.
And a picture of The Reverse Flash:

I did the spoiler space, just in case.
I like that. I don't mind the addition of darker elements to his look. Kind of blends the two versions.
(10-09-2014, 05:39 PM)Danimal Wrote:  I like that. I don't mind the addition of darker elements to his look. Kind of blends the two versions.

A completely yellow costume definitely would not look good....
Yeah, a suit that's only Canary yellow on screen wouldn't really look badass.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
A more close-up look to the costume:

And I am doing the spoiler tags in case people have not seen anything yet about the show.
A thing that I noticed from those two pics

Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Hmmn. "Watched" The Flash as I practiced playing guitar. Guess I had more interest in practicing because I can't recall a whole lot.

I did the same with Gotham but recall more from Gotham.

So I guess at the moment I prefer Gotham. But The Flash has some fantastic effects.
I really tremendously enjoyed this. There are a hundred different nitpicks I could make for specific things, but none of them dented my enjoyment of this in the least.

The big thing for me was the sense of joy the show seemed to have (which is absent in pretty much all TV superhero adaptations, from Smallville onward at least). Sure there's tons of tragic backstory, and promise of Bad Things Gonna Happen To Our Hero Eventually, but it's not overwhelming the show or getting in the way (yet) of his exuberance in being what he's become. Here's some advice, show runners, if your little Net Scourers find this topic and you care: don't let the angst replace that exuberance. Ever. Barry loving what he is and what he's doing is the big point of difference.

Clearly time travel and all that jazz is going to be as crucial here as in the comics version. Good. That's fun too (at least when done right). Sure, one aspect of it ends in murder, but we can live with that if the rest is cool and fun.
(10-09-2014, 05:56 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  A thing that I noticed from those two pics

Good catch!
Iris was a sexy lamp. It was annoying, particularly when they used new boyfriend with Iris to make us all feel sorry for him.

If they can fix that, I could like this show. (I had a similar issue with Legends but that show righted itself.)
[Image: 51xT5ozxP5L._AA160_.jpg]

http://amzn.to/YHTYHK releases 10/7/2014.

The cure they desperately need just rose from the ashes of evil…

After tonight's episode, I am firmly convinced that Harrison Wells is

Caught up and LOVING it.

here's what I said on FB:

The Flash TV show is just spectacular.

Tho I fully admit that my enjoyment of it is intensified a thousandfold due to the "Firestorm" ties ('stormy is my 2nd favorite super-hero).

Only 2 episodes in, and we've already got:

-- Ronnie (1/2 the Firestorm matrix) name-checked and mentioned as caught in the explosion that gave Flash his powers too (the other 1/2 of the Firestorm matrix -- Professor Stein was cast with Victor Garber!)

-- Killer Frost (MAJOR Firestorm baddie) there in her pre-transformation form.

-- Multiplex -- another Firestorm villain -- in only the 2nd episode.

Can't wait for Firestorm to actually show up. . .you don't drop this many nods and never have the character show up!

who is the villain next week?

I would guess "the Mist" based on the previews. .but c'mon. . Flash has a fantastic Rogues Gallery. . (even better than Batman!). . so why are they using other character's villains?

(tho the tease for Grodd in the premiere was great!)
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
Episode 2 was even better than Episode 1.

Basically they are totally killing it with this show. Every actor works (Danielle Panabaker is the only one who's had a few groanworthy moments, but even she's not doing THAT badly--just overacting a bit at times). The plots are good. The dialogue is pretty good. There are cliches, but they're handled well.

Most importantly its FUN. Unlike almost everything in comics or comic adaptions, it's goddam fun.
For only 2 episodes in for the series, it's come together very well. Last night's episode had a lot in it to explain the relationships between numerous characters. The one little nitpick I have is that they're saying the Flash can only run slightly faster than the speed of sound, but if that was true the scene with him opening up to Iris at super speed would not have been possible. Speed of sound limitations would not have kept her from noticing that he "disappeared". I suspect he CAN run faster, but he's subconsciously holding back when he's running "out in the open".

And the big geek moment in the episode? The treadmill. Big Grin