Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE FLASH on CW!
HEATWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
You can tell Johns has a hard-on for the Rogues. Cold was more fleshed out in his scenes that Iris has been in four episodes.
[Image: 51xT5ozxP5L._AA160_.jpg]

http://amzn.to/YHTYHK releases 10/7/2014.

The cure they desperately need just rose from the ashes of evil…

Right after the Flash, Captain Cold is Geoff Johns' favorite comic book character. Period. He actually wanted to do a Captain Cold book before he was given Green Lantern Rebirth.
He needs to write more than the characters he likes well.

I'm digging the show so far. I'm just happy that there are more DC characters on tv. Hopefully someone can do something for the female heroes/villians. And I don't mean supporting/guest roles.

It's fairly obvious that there is a market for them ie: Black Canary (Sara Lance), Huntress (Helena Bertinelli), Nyssa...heck! Even Falicity. they've all been written so well so far. I just wish that could extend to their own shows eventually.
Somewhat sad that they didn't make Plastique in the episode French Canadian but at the same time, I never really liked that DC kinda implied that we where a bunch of wannabe terrorists to begin with when they introduced Plastique.

As for the show, they really need to tone down the whole "Poor Barry is in the friend zone" thing cause it's getting ridiculous and kinda creepy with the message they are sending to the audience.

Also, Gorilla Grodd!!!
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Friendzone Flash is the worst. I could like Barry except for it.

And JOE! What is your problem? You notice your foster son has a crush on his sister and you've just been waiting for him to say something? That's totally not creepy either.

This show seems to have no idea how creepy the whole friendzone and foster sister thing is. It's like a gaping hole of suck in the middle of a good show.

Also, did no one want to give Plastique any gloves? I assume they'd work, given she wasn't blowing up her clothes.

(11-13-2014, 10:25 PM)Corrina Wrote:  Friendzone Flash is the worst. I could like Barry except for it.

And JOE! What is your problem? You notice your foster son has a crush on his sister and you've just been waiting for him to say something? That's totally not creepy either.

This show seems to have no idea how creepy the whole friendzone and foster sister thing is. It's like a gaping hole of suck in the middle of a good show.

Also, did no one want to give Plastique any gloves? I assume they'd work, given she wasn't blowing up her clothes.

First things first: NOT his sister. Not legally. Not genetically. Being a foster kid does not make him her brother or her his sister, regardless of how they grew up.

And Plastique did have gloves. She was shown putting on black gloves during the show.
If you call a guy your father and he calls you his son, then his daughter? Is family. I.E. your sister.

to say nothing of the fact he's been obviously been lusting after her for *years* and Joe is like "hey, make a move on my daughter, kid."

I love Joe and Barry. This show and Arrow are only interested in the female characters as they relate romantically to the male ones. Even Caitlin. Barry's mom is dead. So, apparently, is Iris' mom. And now, Plastique, though I assume she's dead. She only served to prove Eiling and Tom Cavanaugh are evil, anyway. Captain Cold, the creative team makes him interesting and evil. Female villain? Only serves to move the male players into certain places.

Over on Arrow, Ollie's slept w/everyone except his sister and maybe Waller (but I bet he's slept with her too). And Moira got killed because they admitted they had no idea to write her, probably because their default is to have Ollie sleep with their female characters.

So Flash vs Arrow episode....

The Good:

Enjoyed the sorta competition between the Flash crew and Diggle.

Really liked how the police captain is gay and it's said in a "who cares?" kinda way.

I actually did like how the cops of Central City don't like the Arrow because you know, he did kill a whole crap load of people before he decided it was wrong and stopped.

The Bad:

Barry is still in that creepy "friendzone" thing with Iris and getting creepier (Jeez, listen to Caitlin who said to stop trying to ruin Iris's relationship). I actually flipped the bird at Barry at the part where he's talking to her as Flash towards the beginning and asks her all hopeful "Did you and he break up?". GHAHHHH!!!!!

Also wasn't a fan of the part where they had Felicity's top catch on fire other than for fan service. Yes, we do get fan service on Arrow with Ollie and his shirt off training just about every episode but I don't know, it felt like lazy writing just to get a shot of her in her bra.

Mid season finale?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck........   Exclamation
Well, here's my theory:

(12-10-2014, 04:27 AM)Kevin T Brown Wrote:  Mid season finale?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck........   Exclamation

show's back 1/20 tho. . so not bad at all!
"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

[Image: tumblr_m85q1tjHv91r2yx0wo1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_ll2yymSfI51qcyo5eo1_400.gif]
(12-10-2014, 04:50 AM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  Well, here's my theory:

something to keep in mind (if you aren't a long, long time Flash comic reader).

"Professor Zoom/Reverse Flash" (Eobard Thawne) is NOT the same character as "Zoom" (Hunter Zolomon)

My guess is the man in yellow is Hunter:
[Image: 245px-FlashZoom.jpg]

While Wells is actually Thawne:
[Image: 250px-Reverse_Flash.jpg]

Yes, it gets confusing, as we have a character named Thawne (Iris' boyfriend. . which is super fucked up, since Thawne is the one who kills Iris West Allen in the comics).

but bottom line?. .there are two yellow speedsters in the show.

that's my theory.

We share the same theory.

And now, I'm going to go read my Rogue War trade Smile

Edit: By the way, I really enjoyed the call back to the old 90's Flash tv show. That was pretty cool.

Oh, Iris, why does your whole plotline have to be a big ball of suck?

Not the fault of the actress but she's just there as a sounding board for whatever mood Barry's in. So he was feeling contemplative and fessed up, finally. they didn't even give her a proper reaction, which would have been.."so..all this time you've been pretending to be my friend but waiting for when you could sleep with me?"

At least that's out in the open. Let Iris know, let her know her life's been threatened, let her try to be a part of things. They screwed up by making her so young. I'd have made her a few years Barry's senior, the girl he's always admired from afar, crushing on her as young teens often do, and meanwhile she's off to college and doing her own thing, and she comes back with a career and grown up, and Barry's thinking "wow, she's amazing," and then she finally notices her "little Barry" is grown up and very cool and they slowly evolve into a relationship....

That would be so much less creepy than them actually growing up as brother and sister. That would put her out of the house more, yet still keep her in Barry's orbit as the cool person he knows and imprints on and...

Nevermind. That's not the show. But the whole thing with Iris really distracted me from the whole cool Reverse Flash thing. They've done a nice job with the action. And Jesse L. Martin continues to be wonderful.

Oh the Barry/Iris stuff is still so, SO bad.

Whenever they do weekly scenes of Barry trying to talk with her, it's so awkward to watch. Like being caught in the same room when a couple you know starts fighting.

How can the writers not really see that?

I guess they think it's a character arc. At least they acknowledged in show that "a man gives you a ring, he's not just a friend." Because, wow, not telling her but giving her a duplicate of her mother's wedding ring? That's creepy.

I think we're supposed to feel bad because Barry's repressed and still emotionally hurting. That's what I got from the scene when he told her about how he felt, we were supposed to feel his pain. But I kept feeling bad for Iris as her best friend basically said he's been lying to her for years.

Also, Iris still doesn't know about Flash! Like everyone knows. Diggle even knows! Layla knows! Argus knows! Crazed ex-bully from school knew.

But Iris doesn't know even though her proximity to Barry puts her in danger. If she were a son instead of a daughter, someone would be teaching her how to protect herself.

Hearing Wells do that creepy voice at the end...http://youtu.be/74hA6Q7vPI4
My theory:

Wells is Zoom. As in the comics, Zoom means to push the Flash to be a better hero by any means he deems necessary. Wells is not from the future but was transported there by the accident that took Tess Mercer's life. While in the future he witnessed the Crisis and saw that Barry stopped it. In order to ensure that comes to pass, Wells returned to the past with future tech and knowledge to create the Flash via the Star Labs explosion. Using what he's learned from studying Barry, Blackout and future tech, Wells is able to recreate Barry's speed powers to become Zoom and push Barry harder or perhaps replace Barry as the one who saves the future.

The Reverse Flash is Eobard Thawne, Eddie's descendant from the future. At some point Iris leaves Eddie for Barry, causing Eddie to spiral into hatred. Eddie learns Barry is the Flash, which adds to his hate for him. This feud is carried down for generations to come. It's possible the red blur Cisco thinks was Barry protecting his past self from Thawne at the time of his mother's death was Barry, is not Barry at all but a descendant like Bart Allen.
Rubber chickens. Explosions. Talking trees. Honor Brigade