Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE FLASH on CW!
Grodd Strikes in New "The Flash" Photos!
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
I really hated the dinner scene in the episode where Atom guest stars and they all go out to dinner. Iris dumps her relationship problems on everyone in what is suppose to be a friendly night out. I thought the writers did a shit job on that scene especially when Iris is the one doing all the complaining and then spouts a line about 'don't blame us not having a good time on me.' Um, yeah, I do blame you from the way I saw the scene because you're the one dumping your shit on everyone else.

I also hate the Hollywood writer's cliche of two characters talking to each other using words open to interpretation so the wrong message gets across. The writers purposely choose words, usually in a manner that normal people wouldn't speak, just to cause drama and suspense. Again, this is often with Iris talking with other characters but not solely Iris.

This same episode was my first intro to The Atom. I felt like I was watching a TV version of Iron Man. Everything Atom did was something I had already scene in one of the 3 Iron Man movies. Power source, flying, shooting pulse bolts to even going underwater. Finally at the end they mention about shrinking the suit. By then it was too late and the Atom just felt like an Iron Man knock off by then.

Overall, I do like the series. I like Joe. He's a minority I actually get to see do good things with positive results. Too often I feel that women or minorities are put into higher positions of power on shows and it feels like it is a quota to show how diverse a show is and show 'positive' minority characters where in reality they are just a figure head and the white hero/heroine does all the heavy lifting.
Episode 20 "The Trap"
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
Episode 21 "Grodd Lives"
Episode 22 "Rogue Air"
 Looking forward to the finale next week.
Episode 23 "Fast Enough"
I have a crush on Peyton List as Lisa Snart.
Figured this was pretty bump-worthy; Keiyan Lonsdale has been cast as Wally West for season 2.
I enjoyed season 2 and thought they left off with one hell of a cliffhanger. I'm very curious what they are going to do with it next season. As far as the villain reveal this season I think they set up the time remnant thing last season well enough that it worked and I was genuinely not expecting it. Although I did not care for the more recent comic story arc that it's sort of based on.

Next season I think I'd like to see a main villain that's not a speedster. Initially I thought we might get that this season with Doctor Alchemy but he just ended up leading us to Savitar. I thought using Abra Kadabra as a big bag for a season might be interesting given his ties to the future and was glad to see him show up in Season 3.
s4 ep 4 "Elongated Journey Into Night"

I thought this episode was an improvement over the last few.
s4 ep 5 "Girls Night Out"

Honestly the preview for this looked stupid but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was dreading.
s4 ep 7 "Therefore I Am"

s4 ep8 "Crisis on Earth X, Part 3"

s4 ep8 "Don't Run"

Looking forward to the return of this show after the holiday break.
I really like what they did with