Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Watching on TV?
Anachronistic swearing. Don't forget that part.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
What kind of anachronistic swearing? The F-word is way older than most people think...
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
I think JBK is referring to "Cock sucker!", a swear that appears every three lines or so.

I think they started writing the show using terms like this that people used back then but they saw it sounded really silly so they changed to modern swearing.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Why, you pigeon-livered flapdoodle...
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(06-14-2019, 12:24 AM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  Why, you pigeon-livered flapdoodle...

The last man who called me a flapdoodle is six feet under, mister.....

My brother called me a flapdoodle once....once.

[Image: ft73Ulq.jpg]
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
I got a friend hooked on She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, she's already binged both seasons. I'm starting her on Hilda next.

Equality is not a loss.
While I was sick last week, I binged Stranger Things and I'm pretty sure Lester would accuse Canada of being the Upside Down.

Edit: Also, Hopper and I share the same origin. Wonder if I should run for sheriff up here........If we had a sheriff in my town.

Speaking of Canada have any of you seen the boys on Amazon which is about the Canadian JLA? They took the source material and made it palatable for a mainstream audience. I love it. I'm only with Amazon for the free shipping but the show has been a revelation to me.
(08-07-2019, 01:04 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Speaking of Canada have any of you seen the boys on Amazon which is about the Canadian JLA? They took the source material and made it palatable for a mainstream audience. I love it. I'm only with Amazon for the free shipping but the show has been a revelation to me.

We already had someone deal with Canadian JLA and he's way cooler than your pervert Boys. I'm pretty sure he also shot The Boys and then let Carl piss on the corpse or something.

[Image: 61783d7f4363124963ce48df710cf0c5.jpg]

[Image: the-walking-dead-rick-grimes-i-shot-them-t-shirt.jpg]

He must have been a great cop.
(08-07-2019, 02:02 PM)Lester C Wrote:  He must have been a great cop.

He was.

Then he was shot on duty because dumbass Shane there didn't provide any cover fire.

[Image: Rick-Grimes-Shane-Walsh-Shot-vol-1-Days-...90x255.jpg]

Seriously, this is the actual first page of issue one of Walking Dead and it starts with a massive Shane f*ck up!

[Image: thewalkingdead01_p1.jpg]

How that Zombie Punisher fault?
(08-07-2019, 02:59 PM)Lester C Wrote:  How that Zombie Punisher fault?

Because Rick told him to cover him and zombie Punisher, like a punk, had his gun shot out of his hands.

That Rick fault for being out of position.
(08-07-2019, 03:49 PM)Lester C Wrote:  That Rick fault for being out of position.

Rick told Shane he was going to go on a run to take a flanking position.

Shane then turned into a western spaghetti stereotype.

Rick GAVE AWAY their position by moving. Shane had to salvage things.
(08-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Rick GAVE AWAY their position by moving. Shane had to salvage things.

By getting his gun shot from his hands???

Again Rick gave away their position