Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Watching on TV?
How can I be done ALREADY?!?

Who the heck thought up these short seasons?
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
That's why I watch Netflix shows one episode a week, as God intended.

So right now my viewing schedule includes Stumptown, The Good Place, and Evil on broadcast TV, and Disenchantment and Daredevil on streaming.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
Do you ever realize just how easy it is to get stuck on repetitive procedural episodes?

There was a Law & Order marathon yesterday and I wound up sitting there for close to ten hours with my girlfriend. We both fell asleep at different times, too, but it just kept going.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
(10-14-2019, 04:31 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  Do you ever realize just how easy it is to get stuck on repetitive procedural episodes?

There was a Law & Order marathon yesterday and I wound up sitting there for close to ten hours with my girlfriend. We both fell asleep at different times, too, but it just kept going.

[Image: dun-dun.png]
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
I've lost interest in procedurals. It's at the point that if I hear the words "Detective" or "Agent" I tune out.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
But what if the detective and agent....are the same person?

Equality is not a loss.
Someday I'm going to have to go back and study how writers wrote procedurals in the days before they had cell phones, surveillance cameras, and imaging software to solve every problem. And a magical internet search engine capable of finding any piece of information known to man, as long as it's a young person at the computer.

Pretty much the same, just with different buzzwords. Instead of "the Internet", everything they needed to know was in an encyclopedia or a newspaper. Instead of DNA matching it was blood type matching, and before that blood-presence (Sherlock Holmes' very first appearance was Watson meeting him as he invented a new method for blood detection). Before cell phone cameras it was the presence of an eyewitness. Before fingerprinting it was leaving personal possessions at the location.

אין חדש תחת השמש

There is nothing new under the sun.

Equality is not a loss.