Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Music: The Good, the Bad, the Bizarre and the Enthralling
I'm a huge fan of 80s metal.

I'm trying to listen to a few new things. I unsubscribed from Apple Music because of the phone problems I had a while back but I'm going to be getting it again soon. I like the Scorpions and I'll need to hear their new album. I'm actually considering using their old song 'Alien Nation' as an arena theme or even my own theme if I ever get my wrestling promotion up and running.
A few days ago I found this vinyl upload of Led Zeppelin's "Dazed and Confused", which just knocks me around. I'm usually not one of the people who tries to say that vinyl is better than modern digital (I gre up in the digital age), but I can't deny that there's a magic to hearing it in the original format.

Zeppelin's iconic sound is amazing and really submerges me into their music, they're one of the bands where I just turn up the music and sink in.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
I had all of Led Zeppelin's records on vinyl. Still do, in fact, even though I don't have a turntable anymore.

I miss vinyl for the big covers and liner notes. But mostly I miss the period of my life when vinyl was the way you bought records.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
They still make turntables, and they even make turntables with digital hookups so you can (if you want) record your vinyl onto a digital source. This gives you the "sound" of vinyl but the permanence and availability of a digital file.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
I take a look at leftover 2015 CDs by Delta Deep, The Winery Dogs, The Ann Wilson Thing!, Circle II Circle and Bad Company in this Pop-topia.com article.
Wow, so I just rediscovered this little jewel from my childhood.

Gotta love the 70's where you could make a disco song about wanting to bang Superman Smile
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Everything was disco!

Equality is not a loss.
The funny part about the disco Superman song is that it came out a full year before the first Superman movie so she's singing about having sex with what? the Superfriends version of Supes???

Hey, George Reeves was a handsome man.

Equality is not a loss.
Well, he did look good selling Smacks to kids on television.

So far in 2016, I have bought 5 new releases.

But it isn't for new albums. No, instead I've bought 5 reissued discs.

The first 3 Black Sabbath albums. (Shockingly, I've never owned any Ozzy fronted Sabbath material before)

The other two albums were reissued Phil Collins albums Face Value and Both Sides.
(01-31-2016, 03:21 AM)Deathstroke Wrote:  But it isn't for new albums. No, instead I've bought 5 reissued discs.

CD, or vinyl?

My younger sister just started her own vinyl collection last month; she got a record player for Hanukkah and has begun buying old/new releases.

Equality is not a loss.
JBK, I bought them all on CD. I know I should but honestly don't care about vinyl availability.
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHM​YGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In April I'm going to see Halestorm, the band which has been rocking my world for the past few months, but not just Halestorm.  Oh no, not just Halestorm.  No, in addition to Halestorm, the band that's been rocking so hard I have two versions of "Love Bites (So Do I)" and three versions of "Here's to Us", I'm seeing them with mother****ing Lita Ford, lead guitarist of the Runaways.

The concert is two hours away, and I can't leave work early that day because I've already agreed to cover for somebody else, but I will figure it out.  I just discovered this concert like ten minutes ago but I have already bought my tickets and I am tearing at my walls because I now have tickets to some of the hardest rocking and searingly influential rock-and-roll artists there are.

Combined with the Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Heart and Cheap Trick concert in September I might just go into overload.

Equality is not a loss.
Sooooo....you are excited?
Nah, not really. I mean....okay, maybe a little....

[Image: Exploding-head.gif]

In all seriousness, I'm meeting the band Pussy Riot tomorrow night, then in a month I'm seeing my current-favorite band performing with one of the Icons of Rock 'n Roll, then five months after that I'm seeing another Icon of Rock 'n Roll in a three-group performance, and it's all just...the last concert I went to was when I saw Brian Wilson (Opened by Sixto Rodriguez) last year, and I can't even recall the last time I saw a concert before that (I think it might have been an American Idol tour a few years ago). It's so much right now.

Equality is not a loss.

A little Mayhem never hurt anybody.

Equality is not a loss.
(02-23-2016, 06:19 PM)JBK405 Wrote:  

A little Mayhem never hurt anybody.

I'm a big rock / metal fan and I'll be honest and say I've not really heard of Halestorm before. I really liked that song Mayhem though and the sound kinda sounded like Pink singing as the lead singer of Nightwish to me. Not actually a bad thing to me.

I'll be listening to a lot more of their stuff as that was very cool.
Hey JBK, have you ever heard of Die So Fluid?

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(02-25-2016, 03:02 AM)Weeto Wrote:  I'm a big rock / metal fan and I'll be honest and say I've not really heard of Halestorm before. I really liked that song Mayhem though and the sound kinda sounded like Pink singing as the lead singer of Nightwish to me. Not actually a bad thing to me.

I'll be listening to a lot more of their stuff as that was very cool.

I made a post about them earlier in the thread, right now they're definitively my favorite current band.

(02-25-2016, 03:19 AM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  Hey JBK, have you ever heard of Die So Fluid?

The name is not ringing any bells, but I haven't had a chance to watch the video so I don't know if I'll go "Oh, of course, that song..." once I actually hear it.

Equality is not a loss.