Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Supergirl TV show
season 3 episode 4 "The Faithful"

I thought this was the strongest episode of the season and it reminded me of the better story telling in season 1
season 3 episode 5 "Damage"

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
The problem for both episodes for me has been the actual story threat, because when you get down to it they really don't make much sense.

It's a great concept that they explore a cult forming around Kryptonians, and that's even been explored in the comics as well for some really good arcs, but the execution was lacking. The show never gave a reason for why Supergirl didn't show up in full costume at their cult meeting and say to everybody "I'm not a god, don't worship me".  Sure, the leader is flat-out nutso and wouldn't be swayed, but I'm betting most of his adherents would be if their literal god came forward to debunk their faith.  Even if it doesn't work, it's worth trying.  In this series Supergirl doesn't have a non-exposure directive, she doesn't deny she exists or pretend to be an urban legend or anything, so why not try that?

When it comes to Morgan Edge's plan to frame Lena for the poisoning of the children, I don't buy how so many people who should know better decide to take it as an accepted fact that needs to be disproved.  I get how the masses would rally around the false story, and how Lena's simmering self-hatred would allow her to believe it, but even Kara and Wynn treat it as "the evidence points to her and we need to find the flaw in the evidence" when there's really no evidence at all.  It's an unsupported allegation made by a right bastard with no support either way, and yet the characters spend time wringing their hands like it's an iron-clad accusation they need to defend against.

The character pieces of these episodes were where they managed to pull it together (Not counting the Alex/Maggie scenes in five which were...problematic). Exploring Samantha Arias' slow exposure to her superpowers has been handled really well, and I feel invested in her and in her daughter despite them being brand new to the series. Seeing Lena ingratiate herself into the Danvers family was wonderful, and her forming a bond with Sam and Kara was great. Lena's ongoing personal crisis continues to plunge a dagger into our heart in every episodes, and the scenes between her and Kara are a I-don't-see-how-it's-not-canon pairing.

I just wish that they'd manage to get a handle on the "main" plot, because they have yet to sell me on a single threat this season despite managing to elevate everything else above season two.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
season 3 episode 5 "Damage"

s3 ep 7 "Wake Up"

s3 ep 8 "Crisis on Earth-X, part 1"

I've been excited for this since I first saw the previews.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
....I know it was just a typo, but I would kill to see Thrawn in the Arrowverse.

[Image: darren-tan-thrawn-da.jpg?1491885737]
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
s3 ep9 "Reign"

Is anybody else still watching Supergirl?

I can't seem to escape, no matter how badly I want to.

Equality is not a loss.
(02-06-2018, 04:09 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  Is anybody else still watching Supergirl?

I can't seem to escape, no matter how badly I want to.

Jeb Bush can't get enough. I know this might not be historically accurate but I honestly feel he passed the point of no return in his presidential campaign when he came across as a creepy old man fixatated on the female star in her outfit.
Yet somehow still less creepy than the one who got the nomination, since she isn't his actual daughter.

Equality is not a loss.
Is Supergirl tolerable again?

I legitimately do not enjoy watching the the series because it’s just such a shoddy show, and thankfully I finally managed to stop watching it. I don’t need the aggravation or the ulcers, and all those who do enjoy it don’t need to be bummed out by my ranting and raving (Ooooooh do I have rants). Better to just go our separate ways. So, as season three ground on (and on and on…) I just turned the TV off.

But now the new season is getting buzz.

They’re saying it’s recaptured its earlier spirit, they’re saying Mon-El is gone, they’re saying it’s good again.

But they’ve said all that before. I’ve come back before, having turned away from the show twice already, and been hurt all over again. Been disappointed and let down as the sub-par writing and production and to-be-frank sexist and racist storylines reared their heads over and over again until I was driven away once more. Been clubbed over the head as Mon-El came back no matter how desperately I pleaded for his pod to just vanish into the blackness of space.

Is it safe to return? Has it learned how to be a basic freaking TV series?

Equality is not a loss.
Michel enjoys Supergirl but he tends to be the guy who enjoys everything he watches.

He was super happy to tell me they added a trans woman character that is *Gasp!* actually played by a trans actor.

But I'll be honest and admit I never watched the show myself.
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Oya, Nia Nal is half the reason I'm considering starting again.

[Image: tumblr_pgzi619Lxb1rieu2po2_540.gif]

[Image: tumblr_pgzi619Lxb1rieu2po1_540.gif]

Equality is not a loss.
Those gif made me remember how when he came on the show, Michel asked me the backstory of Brainiac 5 and five minutes later, he was more confused and his head exploded lol

Fuck Supergirl. Word on the street they brought in Superman just to job to her and put her over. Angry
(10-23-2018, 02:07 PM)Lester C Wrote:  Fuck Supergirl. Word on the street they brought in Superman just to job to her and put her over. Angry

Hey it looked like a job for Superman!

[Image: XRRYGCA.gif]

See what I did there I..........Ahem!..........I'll let myself out.