Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Last Movie You Watched and General Film Reviews II: The Returning
Going to see Suicide Squad today.

Pulling out all the stops!

IMAX 3D - check
Big fancy Premier seat - check

OK, so I did go on Bargain Monday saving £3 or so but it'll be great as they'll be NO kids (hooray!) because of the 15 rating which was a relief after the behaviour of youngsters at Ghostbusters, which had the 12A rating similar to PG13 where kids under the rating age could get in with adults.

I had the option of paying as little as £4.50 for a 2D screening but I'm going for a £10.30 option with glasses being an extra pound!

Add on the hotdogs, soda and so on and it'll be over £20 for my movie today... OUCH!

I've been really looking forward to this one and I even thought of going to a 4DX screening in Glasgow which is £17.50 to get in. Smells, moving seats, wind, rain and everything in between!

But I just decided to go with IMAX instead. Never been to a 3D movie before and this is only my fourth cinema movie. I've seen TMNT ; Out of the Shadows, Now You See It 2 and Ghostbusters so far. Was going to see Star Trek : Beyond but the awful Ghostbusters experience actually put me right off as the whole movie was ruined by a kid shouting all through the movie and I have to be honest and say I was so pissed at the end of the movie that I had to get out of the cinema to avoid losing my temper with that brat kid.
This is going to sound slightly odd but I went to see Suicide Squad today and it was a really solid four star movie but I left disappointed.

HUH?

The simple truth is that I was hoping for movie I would love and Harley and Deadshot were bang on the mark. Joker was a bit disappointing to be honest but not a complete car wreck and Cara Delivigne can't act her way out of a paper bag.

So very good but it had more potential.
Having never been to an IMAX showing before I got a bit of a fright when a plane was used on an intro and it was so loud that you could literally feel it and I'm really sensitive to loud noise and it was painfully loud. I think the woman sitting across from me thought I was frightened but it was shockingly loud for me to be honest and my ears are rather sensitive.

I was impressed with the massive screen and sound quality too and I wish I'd seen Ghostbusters in that format as I wouldn't have heard the disruptive kid that ruined the showing I was at to the same extent. Maybe I'll continue with Premier seating too as it is much more comfortable than the smaller normal seats and has tonnes of legroom. You can actually pick your exact seat. I tend to pick about three to five rows back and the furthest to the right of the middle seats and I got Row J today (there is an underneath section which isn't as good and I don't include that when picking a seat. Some screens have big Premier sections while others have very small or even no Premier sections.
You should spring for the Ultra Premium IMAX option. They give you your own Harley Quinn baseball bat and legal permission to use it on noisy punks.
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." --Thomas Jefferson

“Fascism should rightly be called corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power.” --Benito Mussolini
(08-09-2016, 12:34 AM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  You should spring for the Ultra Premium IMAX option. They give you your own Harley Quinn baseball bat and legal permission to use it on noisy punks.

This is Britain. I OWN a cricket bat already!

One thing that annoys me about the nachos at Odeon cinemas is that they give you three dips and only enough tortilla chips for one of them and you end up with horribly slimy fingers by the end of the movie and the chips are incapable of holding an awful lot as they're kinda soft.
Suicide Squad interesting. It's a normal summer blockbuster where the critics hate it but audiences are far more forgiving. DC isn't getting the same treatment that Marvel gets where a blockbuster film is considered good.
From all that I've heard there were a lot of deleted scenes and late-story reshoots, enough to essentially make a completely different film if they wanted to re-cut.

I'm curious as to which actually would have been better.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Equality is not a loss.
(08-06-2016, 05:20 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  Plus, all the behind-the-scenes info I've heard about Jared Leto makes me want to avoid the movie just to not experience him.

(08-06-2016, 01:52 PM)Lady_Hawkeye Wrote:  It would've been fitting if on set, Affleck would've gotten angry about this and kicked his ass.

(08-06-2016, 02:30 PM)AndrewCrossett Wrote:  While they were both in costume!

Listening to a podcast today about Suicide Squad, we almost had this moment in real life.

Apparently, the actress that plays Amanda Waller heard of Jared Leto's creepy stuff and went to him and warned him that if he would do anything like this to her, she would send her real life NFL muscles bound husband and his friends to corner him and kick his ass. Something that the real Waller would not hesitate to say and do.

And big surprise, she never got any used condoms from Leto Smile
Always be true to yourself.

Being transgender is beautiful.
Nope, she got bullets instead.

Seriously.

He sent her bullets.
Life is like a roller coaster.  It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

Equality is not a loss.
If Jared Leto had pulled that kind of crap, I would have got him the boot from the movie. He seems like a total nut job and it takes one to know one.
My film finally coming out today. I'm sure you all know which one.

Regarding Leto all of his Joker stuff got cut. The trailers we see of him aren't in the movie but from deleted scenes. Without spoiling the movie the trailers have you thinking Joker the big bad when he's hardly in it.
The Joker was hardly in the movie. He only had about two or three small sections in making an appearance.

If there is a sequel or some kind of indirect follow up I'm pretty sure Jared Leto will be dumped. He isn't as bad on screen as some people have said and has a certain presence but he just isn't on the same level as Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson in any way. Comes off as a sleazy street punk in the movie.
The way Suicide Squad panned out may be kinda similar to the Birds of Prey TV show where Batman, Catwoman, Joker and Batgirl (as Batgirl rather than Oracle) all featured in promos but didn't feature in the show really.

Joker had little screen time and Batman hardly featured at all. I hope people weren't going expecting a full on Batman spinoff as casual fans seemed to think this is what Suicide Squad was.

It surprises me how popular Harley Quinn has become in the past couple of years but this is the guy with loads of her comics, action figures and even a jester style plushie that is talking!

I'm a huge Harley fan!
(08-11-2016, 01:36 PM)Lester C Wrote:  My film finally coming out today. I'm sure you all know which one.

.....which one?

Equality is not a loss.
It is either Pete's Dragon or Ben Hur. Surely not Sausage Party!
I'd honestly forgotten Ben-Hur was even being done again.

Equality is not a loss.
(08-12-2016, 01:33 AM)JBK405 Wrote:  I'd honestly forgotten Ben-Hur was even being done again.

I loved the original but I'm not so sure about this new one.

The chariot race was amazing in the Charlton Heston one.
They wanted to shoot the remake race at the actual Circus Maximus, but were denied permission.

Equality is not a loss.
(08-12-2016, 01:16 AM)Weeto Wrote:  It is either Pete's Dragon or Ben Hur. Surely not Sausage Party!

It was going to be Sausage Party but the kids might come over so Pete's Dragon. Before I saw the trailers I was actually considering taking the 9 and 6 year old to Sausage Party then was like no. I just know there are going to be a lot of parents out there who didn't see the trailer and will take them to it anyway and rant about it online.
I still remember Pan's Labyrinth turn in theaters, the R-rated fantasy/horror film that all the parents brought their kids to because they never bothered to check the rating.

Equality is not a loss.